• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Something for everyone to look forward to "are you ready? Here it comes!!... ouuuuchhhh"

Shouldn't have to ride things multiple times to find the way to get beaten up/brain damaged the least imo but that's just me

Apart from that last jolt and inversions I don't find the smiler rough. Sickly but not rough.
Rita is horrible, always come off with a migraine..

Smilers not a rough ride. It's not like colossus where I find the whole thing consistently painful, but certain jolts hurt a bit, especially on certain trains (one of them literally feels like it's shaking itself apart).

As for it getting worse I'm not sure. Some rides are worse than others. When I did it the day after it reopened it felt as smooth as nemesis (and it didn't feel like it was even being trimmed, launched out of the seat on the second air time hill). When I went on a few weeks ago though, it was noticeably rough, with some normal guests complaining as they got off. Wasn't too bad, but noticeable and had to brace. I just hope they sort that one train out though, felt like it had square wheels.

somewhat related question : why does that jolt at the exit of the cobra roll even exist? it's a very noticeable jolt both on and off ride. The entire ride car shakes row by row. I'm not entirely clued up on rollercoaster design but surely someone from gerst would've pointed it out?

Sent from my Desire 610 using Tapatalk

somewhat related question : why does that jolt at the exit of the cobra roll even exist? it's a very noticeable jolt both on and off ride. The entire ride car shakes row by row. I'm not entirely clued up on rollercoaster design but surely someone from gerst would've pointed it out?

Sent from my Desire 610 using Tapatalk
Because the track is forced together at that point IIRC.

Smilers not a rough ride. It's not like colossus where I find the whole thing consistently painful, but certain jolts hurt a bit, especially on certain trains (one of them literally feels like it's shaking itself apart).

As for it getting worse I'm not sure. Some rides are worse than others. When I did it the day after it reopened it felt as smooth as nemesis (and it didn't feel like it was even being trimmed, launched out of the seat on the second air time hill). When I went on a few weeks ago though, it was noticeably rough, with some normal guests complaining as they got off. Wasn't too bad, but noticeable and had to brace. I just hope they sort that one train out though, felt like it had square wheels.

That first day it re-opened it just felt so smooth!

It was still rougher than when it first opened on the first day it re-opened after the accident, but far from a rough ride still.
Saw is a lot worse IMO