• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Don't see anything particularly bad in there. Leave it as it was IMO. It's a original and refreshing way of keeping the theme going throughout the shop and always made me laugh when I was in there.
Think I've just got a little very pessimistic about towers after everything they cut from the oblivion videos.

Things like "your constant reminder of the smiler" and "a reminder of your past life“ will be offensive to some people, and we know that tabloids read this forum, so it wouldn't surprise me if this appears soon.[/S]

What did they cut from the Oblivion videos? (I don't go on Oblivion very often).

Portions of the station video, "welcome to eternal darkness". Very contentious link to The Smiler crash though so I never really understood why they removed it!

Queue line video 1 mentions a shuttle potentially getting "trashed" so I dont know if that will survive. Queue line video 3 purposely questions the rides safety. That being said its rare anyone is waiting at these points in the queue anymore. I hope they dont get altered as theyre integral to the theme and I would greatly miss them.

What did they cut from the Oblivion videos? (I don't go on Oblivion very often).
Eternal darkness, trashed, basket cases, and a couple of the most a human can stand is...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also don't remember seeing anything about humans combusting, or flame proof under wear

Towers are doing a new ride themed chocolate bar set thingy this year, and each ride's bar has a tag line from ride on the packed. The tag line used for The Smiler is "You belong to The Smiler", so there's one thing that's not changing!

:)

Towers are doing a new ride themed chocolate bar set thingy this year, and each ride's bar has a tag line from ride on the packed. The tag line used for The Smiler is "You belong to The Smiler", so there's one thing that's not changing!

:)
Wait, ride themed chocolate bars :hearteyes:

I saw the chocolate bar pictures the other day actually. Oblivion was orange chocolate, Th13teen was mint, Nemesis was dark chocolate, Galactica I think was milk chocolate, although Rita and Smiler's I can't remember.

I saw the chocolate bar pictures the other day actually. Oblivion was orange chocolate, Th13teen was mint, Nemesis was dark chocolate, Galactica I think was milk chocolate, although Rita and Smiler's I can't remember.

Nemesis should have been MINT! Because it's a MINT ride!! :D

Oblivion should be DARK - putting ORANGE near that after Fanta (though, uniforms I know, before anyone goes full pedant on me), RITA should be melted because that's what happens to your bar by the time you've finished queuing for the ride...

As for Galactica, it should contain nothing inside, then they can say it's a virtual reality chocolate and market it as the world's most diet friendly chocolate bar and a world's first zero gravity calorie chocolate, or some such underpants.

Not quite Ted! Pic below from Towers Central. Note the Luxury Handmade Chocolate tag.

12800280_1093957563982194_8597111072251913024_n.jpg

Luxury handmade chocolate bars?

Luxury is a word I associate to soap, or bedding...

Am I now being a pedant lol?

Luxury handmade chocolate bars?

Luxury is a word I associate to soap, or bedding...

Am I now being a pedant lol?

To me luxury chocolate is usual, but Luxury handmade is a bit unusual, Luxury chocolate is what I associate with Lindt and other more expensive brands.