• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Joke... Omg that was the worst day of my life riding that thing!
I think it gave me brain damage :confused:
Actually, felt the same when I was riding collosus the first (and only) time I whent on it. Not just wood ones then. Anyone think of a good theme for this new ride? Not so much as a possibility but like to hear.

Ok couple of questions that have probably already been posted but there are more than 500 posts on here and I don't have time to read them all:
  1. Is it definitely a wooden coaster?
  2. What is so good about wood coasters anyway?
  3. Is it going in the valley between FV and DF?
  4. Will it be called a new area or classed as a existing one?
  5. When is this ride ment to open?
  6. Who is designing it company/person?
  7. Will there be a record breaking/world first element?
I know it is too early for some of these questions but I would appreciate any answers.

1. There is a high chance of it being a woodie, since the document they sent to the council mentioned a wooden structure, although it could be a hybrid coaster.

2. Sometimes people get bored of steel coasters, and want something different, plus woodies can often give that "throwback" feeling that some people like

3. The wooden structure of it might fit in with the theming of Forbidden Valley, and Forbidden Valley hasn't had a new rollercoaster since Air, so that seems like a possibility

4. The ride probably won't be part of a new area, as the newest area is Cloud Cuckoo Land (where everything is awesome! (sorry, I just had to)), which opened in 2012, so I wouldn't imagine another area opening until around the early/mid 2020s

5. Rumors/speculation say that it will open around 2018/2022

6. We don't know yet, although looking at previous consctructers of Secret Weapons, I would say that it's likely gonna be either a B&M or an Intamin.

7. Yep. Or at least something unique enough to be considered a Secret Weapon, so it may only be the first of its kind in Europe, although I would say that it's more likely that it will be a world-first.

Last edited:
Actually, nemesis and air weren't record breaking/world first. Air was B&M first and both were uk/Europe first. This doesn't mean I don't like them though they are my favourites (with oblivion).

I thought wardley retired. Even if he built the swarm and the smiler after he said this. Wonder if they need someone else to design their rides (I can dream can't I ;))

From what I'm aware, Wardley retiree after Smiler, although he had made many plans for the 'infamous' cross valley coaster and it's possible this is what this ride will be.

I thought the ride was expected to open in 2017, although that may have changed with the Smiler accident.

He has now officially retired. Although he did say somewhere that the one thing that could tempt him back for one final project is a woodie at Towers. So who knows, maybe they've got him back for this! Depends on the manufacturer for me, if it's GCI or GG then there's a chance. If it's RMC then I'd doubt it as they tend to do their own designs.

:)

Actually, felt the same when I was riding collosus the first (and only) time I whent on it. Not just wood ones then. Anyone think of a good theme for this new ride? Not so much as a possibility but like to hear.

Which Collosus? Collosus, in Thorpe Park? Colossos at Heide? Or the former Colossus at SFMM?

Come to think of it, there are a lot of rollercoasters called Colossus (or a variation of it).

Of course Wardley isn't the only good rollercoaster designer. Although he does have a passion for the industry which shows in his work and makes him stand out from the crowd.

Wardley designing a woodie at Towers would be something very special.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.