• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: CBeebies Land Hotel

Thanks Jon! I was so pleased to be there for the first night - as was my little one. I must admit I was dubious at the cost vs. quality that the hotel could provide, and I completely get it now. You're paying for the brand, the exclusivity, the entertainment, and also - the quality. It's one of the best 'family friendly' places I've stayed in, everything you need is to hand, and they really do cater for younger families. I've got to sit through and edit hundreds of pictures, ready for the review - but Alton have really pulled it out of the bag here.

It's a shame that only paying guests can go inside and have a good look at it, but equally, I get that they don't really want loads of the public sitting enjoying the entertainment for free, when others have paid for it. Trust me though - it's fantastic!

Thanks Jon! I was so pleased to be there for the first night - as was my little one. I must admit I was dubious at the cost vs. quality that the hotel could provide, and I completely get it now. You're paying for the brand, the exclusivity, the entertainment, and also - the quality. It's one of the best 'family friendly' places I've stayed in, everything you need is to hand, and they really do cater for younger families. I've got to sit through and edit hundreds of pictures, ready for the review - but Alton have really pulled it out of the bag here.

It's a shame that only paying guests can go inside and have a good look at it, but equally, I get that they don't really want loads of the public sitting enjoying the entertainment for free, when others have paid for it. Trust me though - it's fantastic!

That's a great write up! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay :)

After finally having time to sit down and write it - I've actually written a full review of the hotel - mostly with my own pictures too - https://www.kiphakes.com/2017/07/review-cbeebies-land-hotel-bugbies-room.html - hope you like!

I intend to do a gallery post showing some of my pictures of the suites at some point too. I've done two Video Blogs and an interview with Mr Bloom in the last week or so, so my content has been a little AT heavy!

So they opened Cbeebies Hotel, what now...

It will be closed for most of the year obviously, but when does it open, and for how long?
The fact that they closed Splash for (what seems to be) no other reason but to force people to book the new hotel over scarefest, suggests that they are having trouble filling it! Which begs the question, what about next year?
Next year when they open it outside of august and can't fill it, will the full program of shows still play? And what if everyone is at the park...
They can't cut the shows, that will just put people off more! On the over hand, if they still play all shows every day, then isn't that a waste of money?
Also, what if a small child from SLH wants to walk in? Do they allow entry and send the message that "anyone can watch the shows" or do they refuse entry and make that kid cry, surely that would be bad PR!

My point is, this whole project seems really poorly thought out and I have to wonder, is cbeebies hotel sustainable? Because at the moment, it just looks like a liability.
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this?

Also, what if a small child from SLH wants to walk in? Do they allow entry and send the message that "anyone can watch the shows" or do they refuse entry and make that kid cry, surely that would be bad PR!

Currently yes, without a wristband you cannot enter at watch the shows even if you are staying elsewhere. So they must be sending some families out of the hotel but it doesn't appear to have caused bad press yet.

Yes Splash is closed as they aren't generally as busy since the Smiler incident so why not fill up the more expensive rooms? Also CBeebies rooms are more family designed so make more sense to have open compared to Splash.

I think they will work out what times of the day CBeebies entertainment works best and scale some of it back a little, so they might concentrate on mornings and have some quieter hours while most people are in the theme park, but yes they can't remove all as then why pay the higher price.

We stopped at CBeebies hotel last weekend, overall my daughter enjoyed it but the 14 hours of entertainment is a load of tosh. 4 hours of it was a few toys left out with CBeebies on and the majority of the 30 minute slot shows lasted about 15. So about 7 hours at most

When I visited at the end of July for my 14th birthday, I noticed that the park
were promoting this very heavily, with loads of signs lining the road into the park saying things like "Meet Bing" and "Sleep in Mr Tumble's Bunk Beds". My family and me had fun pointing out which characters we knew from when we were young children, I guess. (The answer turned out to be very few.)

Sorry for double posting, but the public are clearly liking this, because it's won Best Hotel in the 2017 Staffordshire Tourism Awards! Well done Towers!

Is this one of those "awards" that you nominate yourself for (via huge quantities of cash) in a catagory you invented that only you qualify for?

Look up the "product of the year" awards if you don't believe this kind of thing happens. ;)