• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nope, went again today and refilled as soon as I walked in during the last 10 minutes of ERT no questions asked. Besides they didn't tell me to keep my receipt or write the date of purchase. Plus seeing as they said on twitter it's season(https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/845988750211645441) they can't go and change it now, can they?

If you were in the Towers street box office Sunday round 17:30 then I'm the guy storming out before they meltdown, not a fun end to the day.

Towers posted on FB earlier in response to someones question that it was £5 per visit and £1 per refill

On better news, they did have smoke effects and all the exterior lights and sounds on The Smiler turned on as well as the dummies seated on the trains today. (No train's running, not even tests)
By sounds do you mean the smiler's theme music? There is other music played in the area now.

Towers posted on FB earlier in response to someones question that it was £5 per visit and £1 per refill
They've also posted stuff on twitter this morning that implies £5 per season, it's the inconsistency of the information and that's infuriating, I got a different reply from each person I asked at the weekend

This supposed Big 6 Challenge thing returning....

Is this supposed to be for later on in the year, or was it a sort of 'Get ready, set, Oh Actually one of main rides won't be working for another week....'?

Anyone got any evidence of this thing actually returning?

Yeah..... why is there Hollywood credits music playing? it's nice.. but doesn't suit the park at all.

It's a lovely sweet composition and I always hope for something 'unconventional' after all, but this is just not characteristic of Alton Towers.

That will make for the most overtly romantic 'temporary path around a construction site' ever.

I think IMAscore's trick these days is to just overproduce everything and not really consider the tone for what the music is for. But I havnt heard it in person - so I'm trusting there are different parts to it than that.

Last edited:
Went back this afternoon to see what was going down as my attempt on Saturday was cut short by myself due to how generally busy the place was and other moans. It was VERY quiet today, which was to my liking (maybe even a little too quiet). Anyway, music around the park is not generally something I think about or is a major concern of mine, but I just couldn't help notice it. The first time I really noticed it was when walking on the path between Mutiny Bay and the White Bridge. I really liked the feel of the music with the view of the house emerging in front and with the lake and gardens either side. Really nice I thought. Noticed other new music around too which was quite interesting. Hex just seemed like a better all round experience overall (the music was clearly too loud today though in the film bit, not sure if others have thought the same or not). Nice bit of wind in the Octagon! Still no sign of anything going on with The Smiler when I walked past. The ruins were open so it was nice to have a little stroll around.

Overall I think Towers are doing some good things, so fair play to them for the positive things they are doing.

Towers are still saying on Facebook and Twitter that hot drinks mugs are for the day only. I tweeted them pointing out that they themself's on twitter had said it's for the season previously with no response so far.

I nipped on Ride Times at lunch to see all major rides were Unavailable. My immediate reaction was "Come on lads, sort it out" before I recalled they were in fact closed today.

Disappointment, cynicism and apathy by osmosis, it seems.

I nipped on Ride Times at lunch to see all major rides were Unavailable. My immediate reaction was "Come on lads, sort it out" before I recalled they were in fact closed today.

Disappointment, cynicism and apathy by osmosis, it seems.

Did the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had no problems using last sundays mug on monday, il see if there are any issues on this sunday and report back.
Did they offer you the capsule as refillable for the whole season at time of purchase? If not, they've done nothing wrong as long as it was displayed or articulated to you at the time of purchase. If they told you, or displayed a different offer at the time you bought the capsule and then reneged on that deal, then that is an illegal breach of contract.

My gut feeling is that the initial product they offered you was withdrawn as it was advertised in error and as long as they displayed or told you what the product was at the time you purchased it, then the £1 refills are completely legitimately only valid for the day.

Did they offer you the capsule as refillable for the whole season at time of purchase? If not, they've done nothing wrong as long as it was displayed or articulated to you at the time of purchase. If they told you, or displayed a different offer at the time you bought the capsule and then reneged on that deal, then that is an illegal breach of contract.

My gut feeling is that the initial product they offered you was withdrawn as it was advertised in error and as long as they displayed or told you what the product was at the time you purchased it, then the £1 refills are completely legitimately only valid for the day.
I asked and was told it was for the season and when I purchased it was advertised as "valid for 2017"

People on here moaning about the new heritage track IMAScore music?

Really????

Get a grip. It's a 6:00 loop at the moment, around 1/3 of it is ITHOTMK, the other bits are delightful and there's another 24:00 to come.

This track plays next to some historic gardens and a stately home. Not next to a ride.

while I'm happy there is more new music about, part of me thinks, oh no , not another IMAScore track.
they just seem to be everywhere at the minute, cant get away from them, and while every track they produce is different theres no doubting its an IMAScore track.
bored, need to hear something different now

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.