• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm really glad this video has been made. I understand it's been in the works for quite a while and it won't have been easy to get clearance given the media sensitivities.

Hopefully we will see some more like this!

This video is just a complete copy of a video that Warner Brothers Movie world in Australia did last year, in the wake of that terrible rapids incident that happened over in Australia.

Great video. They should have done that ages ago! They ought to do one about why rides have to be evac'd and how it's done safely.

They should do one about why the coffee offers disappear when it's busy and why they need to close before tea time and how the car park charge goes towards providing great public transport alternatives.

Last edited:
This video is just a complete copy of a video that Warner Brothers Movie world in Australia did last year, in the wake of that terrible rapids incident that happened over in Australia.
And...? It's a good message in a good format.

And...? It's a good message in a good format.
I never said that it wasn't. As it is a good message. However it is typical Merlin though isn't it.

The company the claims to be second to Disney, but cannot create anything original themselves.

Be it excessive and repetitive use of dark themes and shipping containers across their parks, all the way down to the marketing department, copying ideas created by others.

The company the claims to be second to Disney, but cannot create anything original themselves.
Christ, the 'second to Disney' claim is the most skewed debate used by enthusiasts. Merlin claim (quite rightly) that in terms of attendance, they welcome more guests than any other operator - that is true. If I am wrong and they have claimed that they are producing rides or experiences in the same league as Disney, point me to it - because I've missed it.

In terms of original offerings, there are plenty.

Christ, the 'second to Disney' claim is the most skewed debate used by enthusiasts. Merlin claim (quite rightly) that in terms of attendance, they welcome more guests than any other operator - that is true. If I am wrong and they have claimed that they are producing rides or experiences in the same league as Disney, point me to it - because I've missed it.

In terms of original offerings, there are plenty.

This is true. However the way that Merlin claim to be second to Disney is usually presented across media outlets to imply that they are second to Disney on all fronts which is in turn pushed by Merlin. It is not until you look deeper into the situation as an enthusiast and not the general public would look into it, that you see it is in attendance only.

Yes they do have original offerings. But they are not that wide and they most certainly are not that original most of the time. Relative to other non IP Merlin parks.

Last edited:
More Video released, look like they used the same footage as in the previous one, but this time with different message

Help keep the fun times rolling

Assisted exits and restrictions

These videos are probably the excuse for all the downtime lately galactica having problems again this morning and the smiler this afternoon what is going on with operations? Especially annoyed with announcement at galactica today try to enjoy some of the other attractions in forbidden valley. What? ??? Oh just nemesis and blade since we've got rid of ripsaw and sub terra! !!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

From their official Merlin Magic Making minisite:

"(Our) primary aim is to raise the bar in terms of innovation and creativity, allowing Merlin to stay ahead of the competition. No other company on the planet delivers projects of such quality, with such value, within the timescales achieved...

We .. produce unrivalled, amazing content for our attractions, build at a speed and value unknown to our competitors..."

By competitors and "no other company on the planet" they obviously suggest Disney. Also internally, to all staff, they mention and compare themselves to Disney very frequently. They very regularly claim their mission statement is to became the global leader in "location based entertainment" and to "beat Disney".

They measure their attendance so that they can make the claim, because whichever way you measure it, they know the connotations of "Second to Disney", don't pretend it doesn't imply quality and general brand gravitas that Merlin havn't actually earnt with their output. They want to be "First" in the world at all costs, in whatever measureable way they can get to first.

Of course we know that their Disney comparisons are a load of rubbish when most their park operations are run so amateurly, the scenic and effects maintenance is done DIY across most parks now, new attractions are always plagued with problems and rely on hefty gimmicks, etc. But then again, Disney seems to be going the corporate route too recently, despite their work being of infinitely better quality.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.