• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm sure it Was used early season too

I didn't ride it after around April/may and I definitely recall putting my head inside one of those round things to have a photo taken

Am I thinking of the same things?

It hasn't been in use this year as I''ve been on it on 3 different days

I'm sure it Was used early season too

I didn't ride it after around April/may and I definitely recall putting my head inside one of those round things to have a photo taken

Am I thinking of the same things?

It hasn't been in use this year as I''ve been on it on 3 different days
Yep thats the picsolve stuff at galatica.

Oblivion got stopped for about 40 minutes at 1750ish (priority passes issued)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly quiet today on park - operations generally good. The monorail however seemed to have a very low capacity with a very big queue and an awful lot of stacking on oblivion! Still a lovely day out! :)
Was Oblivion using dual or single loading/unloading?

May seem like an odd question but does anybody know if the old Aqualand sign on the building by the Rapids queue still remains with the new path being put there? Always loved that as a little bit of nostalgia!

Reactions: pj
P
May seem like an odd question but does anybody know if the old Aqualand sign on the building by the Rapids queue still remains with the new path being put there? Always loved that as a little bit of nostalgia!
Pretty sure it's gone.

Just noticed the Smiler has no queue at all this afternoon, on a sunny Saturday in the school holidays.
Other queues aren't great either.
Recovery taking rather longer than expected.

Just noticed the Smiler has no queue at all this afternoon, on a sunny Saturday in the school holidays.
Other queues aren't great either.
Recovery taking rather longer than expected.

It was kaput! Only just reopened

According to ride times was 80+ min earlier today.

It was still there 2 weeks ago I'm pretty sure

Regarding The Smiler queue it has been getting some, but 13 has been getting higher most of the time as it is only on 2 trains.

Regarding The Smiler queue it has been getting some, but 13 has been getting higher most of the time as it is only on 2 trains.
I still have that log-the-ride-times thing running. If there's a particular ride anyone wants me to check the highest/lowest ridetimes.co.uk queue time for let me know. (I still need to make it pretty)

Just checked, the top 3 busiest rides on average (from busiest) today (according to ridetimes) were
The Smiler averaging 42.35 minutes going as high as 90 Minutes
TH13TEEN averaging 26.25 Minutes going as high as 70 Minutes
Rita averaging 22.5 minutes and going as high as 45 Minutes

Interestingly
Link to the average times bit of my system if anyone fancy's checking at some other point or seeing data for the rest of the rides https://okonetwork.org.uk/ridetimescouk/todayaverage.html

*That was supposed to say interestingly Spinball had the 3rd highest queue time of 50 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The accuracy of the Ride Times website has been all over the place this season.

Lots of rides seemingly have long queues listed, but are short when you turn up at the ride entrance.

At least AT update theirs. Thorpe don't update the app, especially on busy days so no times appear until the afternoon, when most are on park. Call me a cynic, but they have your money by then....

The accuracy of the Ride Times website has been all over the place this season.

Lots of rides seemingly have long queues listed, but are short when you turn up at the ride entrance.
Inaccurate queue times are noticeable on Oblivion, Seems they just pick a multiple of 5 out of thin air.

In related news at 10:28:01 Galactica was updated to show it as open, anyone on park to confirm or deny?

At least AT update theirs. Thorpe don't update the app, especially on busy days so no times appear until the afternoon, when most are on park. Call me a cynic, but they have your money by then....

Thorpe do, but the app is fubar and only refreshes the times each time it's opened, and there's no way to refresh the list from within the app (tis the same with all of Merlin's apps), so the only way to get the app to refresh is to force kill it and reopen it (and if that doesn't work clear the app's cache).

That's far too much effort for me so I have a website like ihavesspergers which pretty much does the same thing with Thorpe (and others) you can find the url in my profile if interested, clicking on a rides name brings up the daily stats.

Last edited:
Thorpe do, but the app is fubar and only refreshes the times each time it's opened, and there's no way to refresh the list from within the app (tis the same with all of Merlin's apps), so the only way to get the app to refresh is to force kill it and reopen it (and if that doesn't work clear the app's cache).

That's far too much effort for me so I have a website like ihavesspergers which pretty much does the same thing with Thorpe (and others) you can find the url in my profile if interested, clicking on a rides name brings up the daily stats.
Your site is good did u create this yourself??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inaccurate queue times are noticeable on Oblivion, Seems they just pick a multiple of 5 out of thin air.

In related news at 10:28:01 Galactica was updated to show it as open, anyone on park to confirm or deny?

Wasn't today but I was on park Friday - on queue boards around the park it was briefly showing galactica as open and with a 0 minute queue but when I got there it was not open, maybe a mistake today?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.