• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Merlin don't want the park to fail. I'm sure some people believe that they do, but of course they don't. I do agree with what has been said about them no longer being confident in the park recovering to its 2010 popularity levels, so therefore they don't see the need to go the extra mile to attract that extra million. Reduced costs to accommodate lowered guest levels.

And yes, June 2015 changed things drastically and probably forever. The cuts at the beginning of the 2015 season, with Dark Forest opening at 11 and Hex opening at 12, were not anywhere near as drastic as five moth-balled rides, and six hour long off peak days. This is purely a result of the crash, as whilst cuts would have continued had the crash not occurred, I doubt they'd have ever got to the level they're at today without it.

bothered about massive crowds, in the dark, on the lawns, freezing cold in the queues, parking hell, M6 roadworks in the dark, and so on.

You're going to get all of those things if you attend.

But if you enjoy fireworks, it's definitely worth doing at least once. Just don't go on Bonfire Night itself. Go on either the Sunday, or the Friday if they do one. Wrap up VERY warm. Bring thermos and food as facilities are bad for that kind of thing. Maybe even lawn chairs. It's even better if you have annual passes because then you don't feel as inclined to make sure you get your money's worth - just turn up at a reasonable time and claim your spot.

"EXCITING NEWS – CBeebies Land to be even bigger and better in 2017 with the arrival of two new attractions!

The Furchester Hotel Live Show and Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom ride will open on 25th March for the new theme park season and join the existing line up of 12 other attractions in the Land.
Meet Phoebe, Funella, Furgus, Elmo and Cookie Monster at The Furchester Hotel for a fun-packed interactive show as they prepare for the arrival of a new guest, before climbing aboard your own vroomster for a global adventure around the world with the Go Jetters!"

15965371_10154661498466201_8894579296248829825_n.jpg

Sorry for the double post,

Is this a hint on the return of the pirate show? or will they be street entertainers? or are they just misleading us and referring to the pirate themed rides?

http://www.cbeebiesland.com/explore-cbeebies-land/alton-towers-resort-attractions/mutiny-bay/

Join our swashbuckling Pirates in Mutiny Bay for sheer madness and crazy Pirate fun! With spine-tingling attractions and amazing Pirate entertainment, Mutiny Bay is the perfect area for little Pirates to learn the ways of being a heroic Pirate.

I've always thought they should make it so families can just book tickets to go into CBeebies Land (separately to booking for a hotel stay). If I had young children and I wanted to take them for a day out at CBeebies Land, I wouldn't want to be paying the price of entrance to the entire park. Seeing as all the facilities you might need can be found within CBeebies Land, young families have no need to wander out.

Of course, this is difficult to enforce as there are no ticket gates at the entrance to CBeebies Land, as it's open to all visitors.

I've always thought as a grand idea they could have built a new hotel on the express car park, with direct access into CBeebies Land.

Just for sole access into CBeebies Land a second entrance could be built in a part of the express car park, and then from the theme park side turnstiles installed to ensure CBeebies Land only guests stay in the area, and entire theme park access guests can enter/exit the area with barcoded tickets.

It would be a pain to set up any kind of system and parents pay regardless (not like the area hasn't been a success), so there's really not much point in creating a separate ticket/system.

i don't think CBeebies Land is big enough for that either, and DM's Thomas Land also isn't. Blackpool PB would probably get away with doing that with Nickelodeon Land though, as it is quite big, with a lot of rides.

I think it would work but I would not want to see it. CBeebies gate figures would rise, the main parks fall. Investment in CBeebies would continue, investment in the main park however would probably not happen often.

i don't think CBeebies Land is big enough for that either, and DM's Thomas Land also isn't. Blackpool PB would probably get away with doing that with Nickelodeon Land though, as it is quite big, with a lot of rides.
There are more attractions in CBeebies Land (15) and Thomas Land (20) than in Nickelodeon Land (12). Besides, I would argue that NL is a lot more aimed towards the whole family (a handful of rides for each age group) rather than just aimed at young families with very young children.

The simple solution is, don't throw all your guests out after just 6 hours so that there is time to enjoy the whole park? You know, like almost any other self respecting theme park in the world?
maybe they're doing that to try to convince people to book pricey hotel stays?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.