• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yeah, these are generally the days that I wouldn't even entertain the idea of visiting the place if I was at all interested in enjoying the rides. Normal weekends are bad enough. Fair play to people if they enjoy spending 80% of their day standing in queues though....or something.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate this next level of bullshittery:

iJXAlOw.png

[✓] Pay to use your AP

You aren't paying to use the AP, you are still free to turn up and enter the park, subject to capacity. If capacity is already reached due to people who did book then you won't get in, but they aren't charging you to use your pass as the terms state "Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the Attractions. The management of the relevant Attraction, acting reasonably, reserves the right to refuse admission at any time and for any reason including, but not being limited to, the Attraction being at full capacity.".

It states on their website that even though you've got a pass and are purchasing a £5 ticket you're not entitled to get in. If you get there when the park has reached full capacity you'll be turned away. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It states on their website that even though you've got a pass and are purchasing a £5 ticket you're not entitled to get in. If you get there when the park has reached full capacity you'll be turned away. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's conflicting... FAQ's say: "All Merlin Annual Passes are valid for Fireworks without restriction, however we strongly advise guests with an annual pass to pre-book online to guarantee entry. Even with pre-booked tickets, we advise you to arrive before 3pm to avoid any disappointment."

Which suggests arriving after 3pm could lead to disappointment, such as being turned away.

However when you book it says: "We strongly advise all Annual Pass holders to pre-book tickets to guarantee entry"

Why is there no clear answer to this.
I want to book tickets. However the mixed messages i get is putting me off.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

At Legoland on Saturday and yesterday they were checking people at the roundabout and turning those away without a ticket, queue numerous complaints on Facebook from annual pass holders who hadn't pre-booked, those that had got in fine, including some friends who rolled in at 6.15pm on Saturday four hours after they 'closed' , so despite what they've said, I should imagine you'd get in with a pre-booked ticket, but don't quote me on that lol.

Having said that it was obvious it would be rammed Saturday since the brick seating had sold out on Wednesday and I was still able to book the same seating for Friday that morning.

If you prebook a ticket you will get in. They are simply saying arrive by 3pm to ensure you are parked, in the park ready to see the fireworks ontime.

You can turn up after 3pm if you wish but you may be stuck in traffic or unable to get a parking space if you do so.

If you prebook a ticket you will get in. They are simply saying arrive by 3pm to ensure you are parked, in the park ready to see the fireworks ontime.

You can turn up after 3pm if you wish but you may be stuck in traffic or unable to get a parking space if you do so.

This is the way I read it as well, if your car is at the gate at 3pm you should allowing plenty of time to park and get into the park. But if you have pre-booked you will get into the park, just don't arrive at 6pm expecting to be able to park and get onto the lawn by 7pm!

Just think though, we're now closer to the actual Towers ruins being open again for around 2 weeks at the start of next season. Oh, and SW8 being opened which I'm sure will be a good ride, if not spectacular. It's all good.

Now the season is over. Lets look at topics for the close season.

How the grass will recover from the fireworks event.

What colour are the door handles on monorail trains going to be.

Are alton going to use 2 ply or 3 ply toilet roll next year.

Are they going to repaint the car park lines and if so what colour.

Is forbidden sweep going to make it back from panto with sooty and sue in time for the start of 2018 season.

And the most important. Are they going to stick push to flush signs above the toilet flush handles.

:D

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.