• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was thinking of going tomorrow but I think I will leave it. I just hope someone in towers management has the sense to send merlin hq the pics of the place busy to say how busy they are and this is what happens slashing all the budgets!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Here is a couple of those FB pics from the MAP group page

Rita fast track queue

WnArnrO.jpg

Box office queue in DF

Se6TOtt.jpg

I was thinking of going tomorrow but I think I will leave it. I just hope someone in towers management has the sense to send merlin hq the pics of the place busy to say how busy they are and this is what happens slashing all the budgets!

All they worry about is gate numbers and profit. Cuts will still be on the agenda for next year

They won’t care. They will just think “
Oh slash the budgets and they still come. Look at all the profit”

So what happens when no one turns up next year because of all this chaos ? I wonder if all the midway attractions are so busy? Are the company maximising income potential from all these visitors with plenty on offer and kiosks open? Sell sell sell! Art of retail

Do you guys think that attendance for 2017 will be back above 2 million? For reference, 2015 attracted 1,925,000 people and 2016 attracted 1,980,000 people. Has there been a noticeable increase in visitors between 2017 and 2016?

Do you guys think that attendance for 2017 will be back above 2 million? For reference, 2015 attracted 1,925,000 people and 2016 attracted 1,980,000 people. Has there been a noticeable increase in visitors between 2017 and 2016?

Yes, I think they'll do around 2.2 million. Regardless of whether the marketing matches the final product, it's a new rollercoaster at Alton Towers. The park's reputation has taken a severe hit, but that's still a big deal in popular culture.

Yes, I think they'll do around 2.2 million. Regardless of whether the marketing matches the final product, it's a new rollercoaster at Alton Towers. The park's reputation has taken a severe hit, but that's still a big deal in popular culture.
Sorry to be pedantic, but I meant attendance in 2017. From what you've said I think you might be talking about 2018, because 2017 did not see a new coaster at AT, and an increase of *checks calculator on iPhone* 11.1% seems quite excessive for a Go Jetters spinning ride and an overpriced kids' hotel.

EDIT: On a side note, my iPad App Store says that Alton Towers and Chessington are trending at the moment.

So what happens when no one turns up next year because of all this chaos ? I wonder if all the midway attractions are so busy? Are the company maximising income potential from all these visitors with plenty on offer and kiosks open? Sell sell sell! Art of retail

Well they just do what they did this year. Release graphs showing trends between London Dungeon and Edinburgh, bang on about London terrorism, release a World map showing locations of terrorist hot spots (none of which will be the quaint villages of Alton and Farley in the middle Staffordshire countryside) and just tack the words "... and resort theme parks" on the end and hope that people are too stupid to notice.

The art of retail is - the very fact that it IS and art and NOT a science, something that's unfortunately lost on many companies including Merlin these days.

Just looked at ride times... looking very crowded. Smiler at 140 minutes :eek:(Don't think I've ever waited that long for it.), Galactica at 110 minutes, Rita unavailable, Thirteen at 70 minutes, Oblivion at 70 minutes, Nemesis at 60 minutes, Spinball at 60 minutes and Enterprise at 30 minutes in the thrill section. Highlights in the family section include Runaway Mine Train at 70 minutes and Battle Galleons, Charlie + Lola, the Rapids, Get Set Go, Go Jetters and the Furchester Hotel all unavailable. All I can say is good luck to anyone on park at the moment!

EDIT: In fairness to them, I actually think that Battle Galleons, the Rapids and Get Set Go shut at dusk anyway, so nothing out of the ordinary. But looking at those queues... well, I'll be flabbergasted if attendance doesn't increase for 2017 in the TEA report.

Yesterday was the first time i've ever done the scaremazes and i can't believe how bad they were

Looking at reviews and comments on here i obviously picked the wrong year to try them...i was really looking forward to them to but felt gutted last night

Slightly off topic but we've just returned from Warwck castle's Haunted Castle and that was superb....Doll's House which is supposed to be aimed at 10+ is superb...we unfortunately had to leave before outbreak 1349 which is apparently the scariest of their attractions started

Well worth a visit if your anywhere near

Yesterday was the first time i've ever done the scaremazes and i can't believe how bad they were

Looking at reviews and comments on here i obviously picked the wrong year to try them...i was really looking forward to them to but felt gutted last night

Slightly off topic but we've just returned from Warwck castle's Haunted Castle and that was superb....Doll's House which is supposed to be aimed at 10+ is superb...we unfortunately had to leave before outbreak 1349 which is apparently the scariest of their attractions started

Well worth a visit if your anywhere near
I didn’t go yesterday but seeing how busy it was on park I can imagine they may have been rushing people through the mazes to keep the queues down.
The only times I’ve had poor maze runs is when there have been long queues.

Sorry for double posting again, but I just looked on RideTimes again and the queue situation hasn't gotten any better. Rita and Smiler still at 80 minutes an hour before park close. 14 family rides now unavailable out of the 21 on the list.

Yeah they usually have a boxing day/new years day sale, that's when I've always bought my pass.

Went today and it was just packed everywhere, glad I went a few weeks back (the first Sunday of scarefest) so could just have a relaxing visit and wasn't too worried about getting on many rides.

The queues to just buy fast tracks was unreal, then I saw the fast track queue for Rita nearly coming out of the entrance.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.