• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
2 day fireworks again. Bad move. I cannot recommend the event to anyone, except maybe that you go later in the day on the Sunday.

This is the last I'll say on the matter, but I've just seen that apparently the park was at full capacity on the Saturday last year (the day I was there). Why were Alton Towers allowing the park to fill to capacity, knowing that all guests would be on Tower's Street at 7PM? It's a nightmare waiting to happen. Park entrance has got to be capped well, well before capacity this year!

Speaking of capacity, on out first day at EP on the new year meet, there were 30,000 guests on park.

Just let that sink in for a moment...
Thirty. Thousand. People.
In winter season.
With 80% of the rides closed.

... And they still managed without descending in to chaos. Just sayin'. ;)

Speaking of capacity, on out first day at EP on the new year meet, there were 30,000 guests on park.

In winter season.

Towers being on the same level of EP in anything is never going to happen under Merlin.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Comparing Europa to Towers in the present day is like comparing Cava Champagne to a can of Fosters.

Merlin are proving they are willing to cripple the park even further so they can cash out the profits. Coasters aside, I don't think Towers are the UK's leading theme park anymore and some repainted rainbow stairs can't compensate further cuts.

If SW8 is well themed it will be some redemption for the Smilers lack of it. Swarm is relatively well themed with the area but not Disney or European standards.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Disappointing but not surprising at all, with the park in decline. Was 2018 the best time to release a wooden coaster? The public's stigma about them is fairly bad.

In winter season.

We were told there were 60,000+ people on November 3rd. That's a stupid, irresponsible, outrageously dangerous amount of people to be in one place at one time (Towers Street). Any other day it would be doable because of the scale of the park. On fireworks night, it's totally unreasonable and it caused chaos.

We were told there were 60,000+ people on November 3rd. That's a stupid, irresponsible, outrageously dangerous amount of people to be in one place at one time (Towers Street). Any other day it would be doable because of the scale of the park. On fireworks night, it's totally unreasonable and it caused chaos.
Where on earth did you pull that number from? That's completely untrue and just spreading false rumours. It's impossible for Towers to hold that many people. That's also over double the parks capacity. Yes the park hit capacity but their certainly wasn't 60,000 people.

I thought the park's legal capacity was only around 25,000?

And that the capacity had been reduced because of ride availability?

Do you have a source for that figure? In absolutely no way is that true. It may have been at capacity, but that's at least double the actual number of people at fireworks.

Also, and absolutely no offence intended in this, you do seem to be exadurating the poor management of the park during fireworks. While yes, it was a little chaotic immediately after the fireworks, I don't think it was too badly managed as a whole. Of course it depends on your personal experience, but it's coming across like people were being crushed by the crowds trying to get out.

Im sure we will get the ride lineup around midnight on Feb 13th as I believe that is when the map sale ends!

I predict hex will reopen and that will be about it!

Predictions please!

Hex and nothing else (other than CBB flat of course). I would deem it acceptable to just have Sub Terra back and a Charlie retheme as well but if opening hours are anything to go by, we'll be lucky to see Hex at this rate!

Maybe the opening hours aren't an indicator, well hopefully.

As suggested earlier I hope it's just Merlin playing the game to get more overnight visitors. For two days you need plenty of attractions! And I hope they haven't forgotten that part

Maybe the opening hours aren't an indicator, well hopefully.

As suggested earlier I hope it's just Merlin playing the game to get more overnight visitors. For two days you need plenty of attractions! And I hope they haven't forgotten that part

They could reopen everything, yet still go ahead with cutting opening hours drastically. They had everything open in 2015, yet still had parts of the park opening at 11.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.