• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thank you! How do you do it online instead?
It used to be through sun perks but I've just checked and it looks like they've got rid of that. On the sun superdays site, it only mentions tokens now. It's a shame they've scrapped the online booking, it made it easier to get scarefest tickets!

Last time I was in ATH, I noticed they had some bottled "craft beers", named after Nemesis and Oblivion and nade by a local Staffordshire brewery. Unfortunately, I was driving, so couldn't sample them.

Wondered if anyone had and could post a review, because I will be tempted next time.

Are they good examples of craft beer, or generic swill, that Merlin have badged as something else?

I believe they've had them for a while now. Sadly I didn't get to sample them over fireworks. :( But as a fellow beer aficionado, I too would appreciate a review or two. :)

Last time I was in ATH, I noticed they had some bottled "craft beers", named after Nemesis and Oblivion and nade by a local Staffordshire brewery. Unfortunately, I was driving, so couldn't sample them.

Wondered if anyone had and could post a review, because I will be tempted next time.

Are they good examples of craft beer, or generic swill, that Merlin have badged as something else?

I've had both of them, I've got the empty bottles on my kitchen windowsill - it was a few years ago that I had them but I remember them being pleasant. Oblivion was very hoppy and very golden but I can't remember much of Nemesis. If you're in the same situation again with having to drive, you can just buy them and take them away, they'll let you take them away if you ask rather than having them in the bar.

Peakstones Rock also have bottled ales called Black Hole, Chained Oak and Submission but they've never been sold at the hotels. http://www.peakstonesrock.co.uk/products.htm

Indeed, they are brewed by Peakstones Rock and bought in by Towers so Merlin/Towers have nothing to do with their production. I have sampled Nemesis and remember is being quite nice.

:)

Can't really tell... It says to email someone in regards to current prices but says nothing about getting them delivered on the below website.

http://www.peakstonesrock.co.uk/products.htm

That site is in need of desperate updating. (sorry im a web developer and that sort of stuff plats on me!)

Will the oblivion one just go straight through you and into the toilet in a few seconds?

I would like to see the big six challenge make a return this year as it would be something to draw the thrill seekers in, however I can't see this happening :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.