• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This years the first year I''ll be able to have ert

What kind of que can I expect at the smiler on a weekend just before the ride and main gates open at 10?

Sorry for the lame question my daughter has just reached 1.4 and is really looking forward to riding it

Most people heads straight for the Smiler during ERT. I think queuing for an hour is a waste of time. I like to utilise the first hour to get in as many rides as possible on the ones that are open. Apart from the Scarefest and Fireworks last year, I don't think I ever queued for more than 30mins on the Smiler. However this year is a new season and who knows what the queues could be like.

Most people heads straight for the Smiler during ERT. I think queuing for an hour is a waste of time. I like to utilise the first hour to get in as many rides as possible on the ones that are open. Apart from the Scarefest and Fireworks last year, I don't think I ever queued for more than 30mins on the Smiler. However this year is a new season and who knows what the queues could be like.

ok thanks

we definately won't be heading straight there at the start of ERT as like you said that's a waste

ok thanks

we definately won't be heading straight there at the start of ERT as like you said that's a waste
It's worth knowing that last season, smiler was often opening before 10. As soon as it was ready to open, it did (sometimes only a couple of minutes, but still an advantage if you're desperate to get on it). Who knows if that will happen this year though, but nothing wrong with getting a couple of rides in on oblivion or enterprise while you still can While you wait for Smiler to open.

It was running four trains during fireworks, so they definitely have four trains available, possibly even all five. They'll never run five, but at least it's a spare train.

As far as I'm aware The Smiler did not run more than 3 trains at all last season, it definitely didn't during Fireworks.

I could've sworn it ran 4 trains at some stages last year, yet Towers confirmed on Twitter that it would never run more than 3 trains during the 2016 season.

Honestly, I doubt they'll ever run more than 3 trains again.

As of my last trip last season, it has 4 trains 1, 2, 4, 5, (4 being a brand new one) but only ran a max of 3 at any one time, I've spoken to a smiler host who I trust 100% when I heard that it ran on 4 trains and they said it never ran 4 at any time the ride was open.

I'm pretty sure it ran 4 times on one occasion ( I stood in the queue for ages trying to figure it out watching for the numbers on the trains)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to The Smiler's trains discussion, I am 99.9% sure that it did not run more than 3 trains at any time whilst open to the public last season. The park definitely do not have 5 trains for it, they have 4.

Just to confirm - Alton Towers currently have 4 trains for The Smiler and it did not run more than 3 trains at any point in 2016. I don't expect that to change in 2017 which is a pity.

:)

Can the smiler train discussion be moved to the smiler reopening topic?

Could the fact that it hasn't run more than 3 trains have anything to do with the op can't see the brake section behind the transfer track without looking at the CCTV monitor?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.