• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: New Attractions for Cbeebies Land

17349717_829209287230285_2479914761128190117_o.jpg

Full size picture from Towers Facebook page.

For a small kids flat it look just fine. Did anyone really expect anything more... Hopefully the build quality is better than some other areas of CBeebies Land.

Rather annoyed!

It looks very similar but smaller than the likes of Dumbo and Flying Carpets at Disneyland Paris.
Except... This has a height limit of 0.9m so same as RMT and Octo, whereas DLPs have no restriction!!

Can only assume stupid planning by the park in picking a (cheap) ride design.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

But this makes me doubt the fact that small ride took 3 years to plan and build.
What made you think it had been planned since 2014 in the first place? They are just slowly adding more and more attractions to keep the area from getting stale and to keep customers coming back.

I've never ventured into this area since it's CBeebies overhaul so I can't compare it to the rest, but I think it looks good. Very bright and colourful, I assume this is a popular show so it will get kids excited to ride. Certainly a great improvement on the Ug Bugs.

I've never ventured into this area since it's CBeebies overhaul so I can't compare it to the rest, but I think it looks good. Very bright and colourful, I assume this is a popular show so it will get kids excited to ride. Certainly a great improvement on the Ug Bugs.
what was/were the "Ug Bugs"?

It is a ride that lets you control up and down, which will be a nice little addition to the area for the youngest visitors. Anything the child can control themselves is a winner.

A few generic, but well themed, rides in the more mature areas of the park would add some breadth, and capacity, to the general offering.

If it weren't for the entrance, I would of thought that was at a fairground!

I forgot the rest of Cbeebies Land was that depressing, I felt ashamed to be in it last time I went in there!

Really?

CBeebies is fairly decent and has a good atmosphere, Thomas Land is better but CBeebies is pretty good. The one exception to that is throughput which is dire in the area.

This looks good, the background theming could be nicer and something different to Towers Standard paving would also be welcome but still it's reet.

Looks like a decent addition to an area that is fairly decent as is for the age group.

0.9 height restriction is ridiculous though. Most kids will reach that height between 2 and 3 years old. Many however will reach that height after 3. Kids start school between 4 and 5 years old and be too old for this kind of area. Way OTT height restriction.

Really?

CBeebies is fairly decent and has a good atmosphere, Thomas Land is better but CBeebies is pretty good. The one exception to that is throughput which is dire in the area.

This looks good, the background theming could be nicer and something different to Towers Standard paving would also be welcome but still it's reet.

I think the new attractions added to the area when it became CBeebies were very well done (Mr Blooms, Tree Fu Tom, Big Show, Octonauts) but the re-themed rides and buildings from the farm look a bit cheap, mainly just multicoloured paint slapped onto the old theming and 2D vinyl signs (Num Tums is horrid). It certainly lacks craftsmanship.

I also feel that the space Big Fun Time Show occupies is wasted and would be better suited for a small children's transit dark ride system themed around one of the more substantial CBeebies IP's.

Overall though now with these additions it is much better than the old farm in terms of both number and quality of rides, but of course for people of our age entering Alton Towers will never feel the same without seeing the Squirrel Nutty Ride and Storybook Land.

Last edited:
The fence is a lot lower than I was expecting! And it seems the BBC don't want danger of death Signs either!

The lack of Danger of Death signs is very concerning, without them it is only a matter of time before someone climbs into the ride area and gets killed. Get it sorted Towers, there is a very real prospect of death that young kids and their parents should know about!!

The new ride looks fine though, nothing special but it doesn't need to be. Hearing about the height restriction is disappointing though, doesn't that exclude a lot of children that are in the CBeebies age bracket? I can't actually recall who the manufacturer of this ride is although believe it is the same people who have provided a similar ride to Heide.

:)

The fence is a lot lower than I was expecting! And it seems the BBC don't want danger of death Signs either!

Its quite obvious that there is a ride on the other side of this fence and the ride op can (almost certainly anyway) see the whole ride from the console area. The danger of death signage is more in places where a member of the public (usually adult or teenager) is likely to cross a fence to either take a shortcut (entering Air's ride area to cross to the car park is common) or to retrieve personal items that have fallen off on ride.

My only other major thought on this ride (other than a height restriction seems stupid, just make adult sit on the outside and/or have a decent door system), is that they should have built too next to each other for capacity.

The manufacturer appears to be Garmendale. No doubt they'll be a much cheaper alternative to Zamperla.

Http://www.garmendale.co.uk/blog/go-jetters-vroomster-quadstar-for-alton-towers/

Reading their website, they started as a general engineer manufacturer in the 1980s and then moved on to Theme Parks. Given they are based in Derbyshire I would assume they started off by getting a lot of the Winter maintenance and repairs for Alton Towers then they moved on to doing repair work at the other Tussauds park. Then in the last two years or so moved from just refurbishment to manufacturing new concepts. But it does seem to read that they are basically the major refurbishment department for Merlin parks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zierer made the newer dumbo rides inc the ones in the US parks (which have all been replaced since the originals opened)

The Zierer model is the premium version of this ride, however I imagine also it's a lot more expensive.

Ah, a Zierer Flying Fish. Looks like this is what Heide ended up with as well so apologies for my earlier error! No mention of a minimum height restiction by Zierer but looking at Heide's park map it appears that you have to be at least 95cms tall and 3 years of age to ride and children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.

:)

Reading their website, they started as a general engineer manufacturer in the 1980s and then moved on to Theme Parks. Given they are based in Derbyshire I would assume they started off by getting a lot of the Winter maintenance and repairs for Alton Towers then they moved on to doing repair work at the other Tussauds park. Then in the last two years or so moved from just refurbishment to manufacturing new concepts. But it does seem to read that they are basically the major refurbishment department for Merlin parks!
Looking at the website they also manufacture boarding gates as well, and it looks like they supplied Airs/Galactica's and The Swarms (there are photos), among others.