• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Voletarium

Hmmm... There's not that much we don't have somewhere in Europe. One of those SFX coasters full of trick track? Something along the lines of Gringots? A Spiderman style projection-fest? Robo arm dark ride? An RMC hybred? An Intamin Aqua Trax? (Seems pointless in a park with two water coasters). I'd say a Togo standup, but hasn't a park in Italy bought the one from Canada's Wonderland?

I can't help but feel I've missed something obvious...

Hmmm... There's not that much we don't have somewhere in Europe. One of those SFX coasters full of trick track? Something along the lines of Gringots? A Spiderman style projection-fest? Robo arm dark ride? An RMC hybred? An Intamin Aqua Trax? (Seems pointless in a park with two water coasters). I'd say a Togo standup, but hasn't a park in Italy bought the one from Canada's Wonderland?

I can't help but feel I've missed something obvious...

I am equally confused!

I'm thinking some form of dark ride though. Is there are ride in Europe that uses Sorin' style tech? Something like that could be a possibility I suppose.

:)

Nah, Mack could build their own these days.
It would still be a Europe first if they did ;) I think this could be a new Mack concept but one based on something another company has already attempted elsewhere. Maybe Sorin' like Rob suggested. Could the theatre last year have been a test?

I don't think it's particularly likely to be this (as much as I want one), but I believe there are no launched inverted coasters in Europe, whereas in the US there's Volcano and several impulse shuttle coasters like Wicked Twister. Could we be seeing the first?

Mack already seem too close to having that ride system available for it to never happen. Arthur's trains look like five car inverted mega coaster trains fitted with drive motors, rotating rows of seats and a boatload of tech to control it all. Strip all of that gubbins off the chassis and fit 10 pairs of 2 seats, point them at a relatively gentle rolling LSM launch to distance the ride from what Blue Fire already offers, and fly above or pass close to loads of lovely theming based on somewhere like Turkey that you wouldn't immediately consider for a new theme park area. You'd end up with a unique, excellent quality ride that would presumably still have the lap restraints and low for this class of ride 1.3m height restriction that we know EP like.

Mack 4D.

Walibi Holland are getting the first Mack wing coaster and Europa are getting the prototype 4D.

I'm really not to sure what to expect from Europa on there next ride, but I'm sure whatever it maybe that it will be rather good!

I'm really not to sure what to expect from Europa on there next ride, but I'm sure whatever it maybe that it will be rather good!

A Zierer Kontiki in Ireland, dear ;)

Last edited:
Right, as you may or may not know, EP are currently re-routing part of the EP Express at the moment around the entrance area. They have shared this aerial photo of the progress so far:

CbmQ-x9UEAA53iG.jpg:large

Why are they doing this? And what does this have to do with any 2017 attraction? Both good questions and we may be getting some answers.

Jakob Wahl, the park's Communications Director, also shared this photo on Twitter with the following caption:

"an amazing picture from a very special angle #europapark #project2017 #rathaus"

The word 'rathaus' appears to be German for 'town hall'. He has used this these hashtags on Twitter previously so it is safe to assume that something relating to town hall may be constructed in this area in 2017.

Will this be the major 2017 ride, or will it just be a re-worked entrance area? Who knows! I have also seen rumours of some sort of Soarin' style attraction, I really hope they are not true!

Interesting times ahead.

Right, as you may or may not know, EP are currently re-routing part of the EP Express at the moment around the entrance area. They have shared this aerial photo of the progress so far:

CbmQ-x9UEAA53iG.jpg:large

Why are they doing this? And what does this have to do with any 2017 attraction? Both good questions and we may be getting some answers.

Jakob Wahl, the park's Communications Director, also shared this photo on Twitter with the following caption:

"an amazing picture from a very special angle #europapark #project2017 #rathaus"

The word 'rathaus' appears to be German for 'town hall'. He has used this these hashtags on Twitter previously so it is safe to assume that something relating to town hall may be constructed in this area in 2017.

Will this be the major 2017 ride, or will it just be a re-worked entrance area? Who knows! I have also seen rumours of some sort of Soarin' style attraction, I really hope they are not true!

Interesting times ahead.

Long shot here, but could there be a slither of a chance that they are extending the EP Express to go into the town of Rust?

Long shot here, but could there be a slither of a chance that they are extending the EP Express to go into the town of Rust?

It's not that. If you look at the photo it's only being moved out by about 10 meters! My guess is that the building on the left of Deutsche Allee (encompassing the now closed Guesthouse Rolando) will either be demolished or extended. Either way they must be wanting to build something on the car park behind it otherwise why move the monorail track!

I would hope that this is in advance of adding an extention to the water park. Maybe they are using this small re-route as a test to see if they can make new track that works?
Now as I posted in the water park topic a while ago, the obvious place to extend it from is the hotel station, hence this being a test.

As far as I am aware there is no planned monorail extension for the waterpark, probably because it would cost a fortune! The waterpark (and new hotel) will be have a shuttle bus service.

The monorail re-route appears to be related to whatever Project 2017 is.