• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Europa-Park General Discussion

I'm watching a 2016 tour and review video of the park right now and, what the? An animatronic in a hot air balloon has been floating above us all this time in the England area?

DfM917eXkAANdga.jpg

I wonder how much more theming is hiding in plain sight! :grinning:
A lot.

Like the stuff inside the Fairytale Tower that burned down!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As of today, the park will close at 8.00pm at the earliest for the next 6 weeks.

As of today, the park will close at 8.00pm at the earliest for the next 6 weeks.

I was about to go into my full on Merlin praising mode... because I honestly thought you were talking about Alton Towers! But I suppose 6pm is better than nothing!

Oops. At least nobody was seriously hurt.

Two trains of the EP Express , the monorail that runs through Europa-Park , collided on Saturday, August 18, 2018 in the morning around 9:30.

All passengers were able to leave the train by their own means via the station, said the park spokesman, adding that the accident occurred during a maneuver.

According to the regional daily Badische Zeitung,the accident caused two minor injuries. EP Expressreopened in the afternoon with the only train still operational. The circumstances are still unknown.

Built in 1995, the EP Express serves four stations on a 2.5 km route within Europa-ParK . With 3 trains, each carrying 93 passengers, the complete tour of the circuit is 13 minutes.

http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com...qui-parcourt-europa-park-sont-entres-en-colli

Guys this questions isn't really relevant to 2018 but I'll chance my luck here...

Why do you have to be a certain height to ride in row 5 of Silver Star?

Europa Park have once again won the award for "Best Park" at this years Golden Ticket Awards! Massive congrats to Europa Park and the Mack family, really well deserved! :D

Oh, and here's picture of Thomas and Roland Mack accepting the award at this years event, which was held at Silver Dollar City...

45_B1_A502_D581_49_C3_B371_5_FB2940_F7_CA7.jpg

Image from Amusement Today

Congrats to EP on their GTA win!

Also; sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but are EP's operations always this efficient?:

Or were they having a particularly efficient day that day?

By not arsing about... load the train as soon as you can, check it quickly and dispatch as soon as you can. It also helps when guests can see that too so they don't linger taking shoes off etc.

EP seem to get just the right balance between efficiency and safety. Any quicker and it would be potentially a H&S hazard.

That is standard.

In fact. Not even their best. Pegasus is slow there for some reason. Silver Star can dispatch quicker.

Pegasus presumably because they have to swap some adults/children across (as seen in video)...

There's also a lot less faff from the customers as well, even with the rides were bags are left in station people pretty much throw them in rather than take a minute to carefully place it...

I would estimate the actual achieved throughputs achieved by rides at EP to be as follows:

Ba-a-a Express: 250
Matterhorn Blitz: 750
Alpenexpress: 800 (has dropped from about 1000 since VR)
Pegasus: 950
Schweizer Bob Bahn: 1000 (although this fluctuates depending on whether guests go alone or in a pair)
Eurosat: 1100
Atlantica: 1100
Arthur: 1200
Poseidon: 1200
Wodan: 1250
Euro-Mir: 1300
Blue Fire: 1600
Silver Star: 1750

To put this into context, Nemesis achieves about 1150 on a good hour and is the best run ride at Alton Towers, with Smiler, Rita, Wicker Man and Galactica all below 1000.