• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Europa-Park General Discussion

They even have a fatty spotter at the Silver Star entrance. They advise larger guests to sit in the test seat before joining the queue, to avoid the time wasting when loading a train.

I would estimate the actual achieved throughputs achieved by rides at EP to be as follows:

Ba-a-a Express: 250
Matterhorn Blitz: 750
Alpenexpress: 800 (has dropped from about 1000 since VR)
Pegasus: 950
Schweizer Bob Bahn: 1000 (although this fluctuates depending on whether guests go alone or in a pair)
Eurosat: 1100
Atlantica: 1100
Arthur: 1200
Poseidon: 1200
Wodan: 1250
Euro-Mir: 1300
Blue Fire: 1600
Silver Star: 1750

To put this into context, Nemesis achieves about 1150 on a good hour and is the best run ride at Alton Towers, with Smiler, Rita, Wicker Man and Galactica all below 1000.
Wow! That's amazing! I would have expected Silver Star to achieve higher though, as 1750pph would mean a train roughly every 74 seconds, which they seemed to be achieving better than in Taylor's video...

It takes a good 15-20 seconds between one train leaving and another parking...

To put this into context, Nemesis achieves about 1150 on a good hour and is the best run ride at Alton Towers, with Smiler, Rita, Wicker Man and Galactica all below 1000.
And even that's poor for a ride that can achieve 1400pph+ if the staff make the effort. I don't think throughputs are considered important anymore.

Well, they are and they aren't. I don't think they can really talk about 'speed' anymore because of what has happened with H&S. If staff are perceived to be rushing and something gets missed, we have a problem - Towers get mobbed in the media again.

Also - my 1150 figure is what is achieved regularly I suspect - even on a good hour, you aren't realistically going get much higher these days due to disabled guests, or some hold up or whatever.

A couple of points on my recent visit...

Blue Fire is much better than I remembered and turns into a bit of an air time machine later in the day. Much better than Icon IMO.

Wodan is amazing but has got significantly rougher since my last visit. The queue line themeing is just utterly ridiculous.

Silver Star is still better than Shambhala! The last couple of hills are brilliant and if it wasn't for the clamshell you'd probably end up in Switzerland.

Arthur is the best kids ride in the world.

The park overall is perfection, the attention to detail is so impressive. Everywhere you turn there's something to look at... The Germans love a creepy animatronic. Saw one ride breakdown in 2 days and that was Can Can, which was back up and running within 10 minutes.

It's never a cheap visit but the best value park out there all things considered.

Not sure where else to put this, but my parents took a look at Europa Park online today, as they've said that they will take me for my 18th birthday in 2021 if there's nothing else I'd like. Their first thoughts were that they were very impressed with the quality of the "economy room" shown on the website, but that they were a little taken aback by how expensive the park and hotels were. Just to give some perspective as to what your average British non-enthusiast thinks of EP without having visited. Bear in mind that they looked in July, so it might be cheaper out of peak season. I think that the on-site hotel room that they looked at was 660 Euros for 2 nights and 2-day adult tickets were 97.50 Euros each.
P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

I got a similar reaction when I showed the people I just visited with.

Europa is expensive but you get what you pay for. It's also far cheaper than Disneyland Paris which will charge extortionate amounts for really basic fast food.

Alas when I first visited the Pound was significantly stronger than the Euro.

Me @ Europa

giphy.gif

The Exchange rate is pretty poor currently making it dearer.

EP is expensive for accommodation but park tickets and in park food/drink is all very reasonable.

The hotels are extremely high quality.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure where else to put this, but my parents took a look at Europa Park online today, as they've said that they will take me for my 18th birthday in 2021 if there's nothing else I'd like. Their first thoughts were that they were very impressed with the quality of the "economy room" shown on the website, but that they were a little taken aback by how expensive the park and hotels were. Just to give some perspective as to what your average British non-enthusiast thinks of EP without having visited. Bear in mind that they looked in July, so it might be cheaper out of peak season. I think that the on-site hotel room that they looked at was 660 Euros for 2 nights and 2-day adult tickets were 97.50 Euros each.
P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.
Instead of the hotel look up 'Rust' in either Booking.com or Airbnb. It won't be themed but you'll get a whole apartment within walking distance from the park for a fraction of the price of the EP hotels. Then like others have said you can still pop into the hotel complex for dinner and drinks.

I don't think we'll ever officially see this, but I reckon guest numbers will be down this year due to a combination of the fire and Eurosat opening very late in the season. Whenever I have checked the queue times they have always seemed quite reasonable. This morning however, at 10am on a 6pm close day, Wodan is 40 minutes, Blue Fire 20, Voletarium 40, Silver Star 35 and Arthur 25.

Good to see things picking up!

:)

Ah right, thanks guys! I think my parents want to stay onsite, though; they were very impressed with the quality of the economy room shown on the website, and my mum sounded very excited at the prospect of a Michelin star restaurant!
I don't think we'll ever officially see this, but I reckon guest numbers will be down this year due to a combination of the fire and Eurosat opening very late in the season. Whenever I have checked the queue times they have always seemed quite reasonable. This morning however, at 10am on a 6pm close day, Wodan is 40 minutes, Blue Fire 20, Voletarium 40, Silver Star 35 and Arthur 25.

Good to see things picking up!

Could this potentially be EP's first ever decrease? As far as I'm aware, they've never had a decrease before!

Ah right, thanks guys! I think my parents want to stay onsite, though; they were very impressed with the quality of the economy room shown on the website, and my mum sounded very excited at the prospect of a Michelin star restaurant!

Could this potentially be EP's first ever decrease? As far as I'm aware, they've never had a decrease before!

They have.

It's just - they never say so. I am pretty sure this year will show as a flat year when the results come out. The Eurosat delay has impacted the park a lot. Halloween could be VERY busy!

They have.

It's just - they never say so. I am pretty sure this year will show as a flat year when the results come out. The Eurosat delay has impacted the park a lot. Halloween could be VERY busy!

Ah right. Thanks @AstroDan; do EP really lie about decreases?

They don't lie but communicate smart with rounded values. :)

4.1 million => More than 4 million visitors
3.8 million => This year again 4 million visitors
4.4 million => We had around 4.5 million visitors

Indeed, and if they say nothing then that is the giveaway. Because you know that they like to make a song and dance about any attendance records!

Hopefully the weather is kind for the winter season again this year as that could give a nice boost with many coming for Eurosat!