• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Europa-Park General Discussion

Michael Mack has announced a new 4D film for this coming winter season:

Their own 4D films are usually brilliant!

(Yes, Mack Animimation is another new company to go with Mack Media, Mack International, Mack Rides and Mack Music! :D)

:)

A quick note regarding prices for next season. Europa-Park have gone for a €10 price increase (5% rise) for the Clubcard. In previous years it has been a €5 increase.

So from 1st January 2019 it will set you back €210. Needless to say this bigger increase is disappointing.

Day tickets have risen from €49.50 to €52.

The price increase for the Clubcard makes a lot of sense really. I never understand why so many parks price them so cheaply (apart from increasing sales numbers, obviously). But Europa Park is a quality product, so even with this increase, I don’t think this will impact sales at all, because let’s be honest, you’re still getting a lot for what you pay for.

On another kinda related note, is it possible that the Clubcard will also give guests access to Rulantica when it opens? I wonder if that might be the reason for the slightly larger than usual price increase.

I do understand that there is definitely a value to EP’s offer and that’s reflected in the price.

Nevertheless, that is now a pretty spendy proposition, especially since there is little in the way of extras other than unlimited park entry. The other thing is, what do we expect for new attractions next year? There’s nothing significant I’m aware of that could merit such an increase.

If it does include Rulantica, then I totally get it. I’d be surprised if it did though due to capacity issues it may cause.

NO WAY this will include Rulantica...venny named the reason...but I`m hoping for an affordable combined club card :)

A quick note regarding prices for next season. Europa-Park have gone for a €10 price increase (5% rise) for the Clubcard. In previous years it has been a €5 increase.

So from 1st January 2019 it will set you back €210. Needless to say this bigger increase is disappointing.

Day tickets have risen from €49.50 to €52.

It has gone up €10 before, several times. The €5 rise last year was the recent exception rather than rule.

2014: €165
2015: €175
2016: €185
2017: €195
2018: €200
2019: €210

Daily admission has risen €2,50 each year now since 2016. Sadly, I think with Disneyland Paris raising prices so exorbitantly over recent years, other parks, who consider their product quality, are sort of following suit. That said, EP's entry remains around 1/2 that of Disneyland Paris.

Reactions: Rob
It looks like they are just trying to keep the Clubcard price at 4x the day ticket.
Seems a reasonable figure for a single gate park.
Much more sensible than the 2x day ticket (ignoring the headline price) and then nickel and diming approach Merlin are resorting to with AT.

It has gone up €10 before, several times. The €5 rise last year was the recent exception rather than rule.

2014: €165
2015: €175
2016: €185
2017: €195
2018: €200
2019: €210

Daily admission has risen €2,50 each year now since 2016. Sadly, I think with Disneyland Paris raising prices so exorbitantly over recent years, other parks, who consider their product quality, are sort of following suit. That said, EP's entry remains around 1/2 that of Disneyland Paris.

Ah my bad. It is a shame to see how much it has risen in price since 2014, but I suppose it could easily be argued that it was an absolute bargain back then.

And hey, they've got to fund that cable car one way or another! :p

With EP though you can see that money going back into the investments on park. With Merlin for example, it gets used as toilet paper for Varney or shoe polishing cloths for the shareholders.

Don't forget the caviar at the christmas party!

With regard to a few comments saying 'there's not a lot new next year' - so why a price rise, well...

Europa-Park don't generally add extra when there's a new ride. The price goes up by a similar percentage each year irrespective.

With regard to Rulantica, I don't think any annual ticket will be available. The waterpark will, at first certainly, be very busy and is likely to reach capacity frequently. I think there's likely to be a small discount for theme park annual ticket holders. But, I fully expect the water park to be around €30.

Don't forget the inflation rate, which is at 2.0% - 2.5% in germany. So everything they buy gets more expensive and the prices have to go up.

Isn't Rulantica meant to be opening late 2019*? Surely that would render an annual pass pointless.

*I'm sure I saw rumours for Nov/Dec but haven't followed this project all that much, so apologies if that info is duff.

So whilst evil Merlin are out to catch the mouse, Europa are today wishing Mickey a happy 90th birthday. I love that they have such a genuine and open appreciation for Disney, it’s that kind of attitude that sets Europa Park apart and one of the reasons I love them so much. :)

Bump! :) Europa Park have uploaded a short video overview of the 2018 season on their YouTube channel. It also features some cool time lapse footage of the clear up in the wake of the Scandinavia / Piraten in Batavia fire, which I don’t believe has been seen before.

Looopings are reporting that Europa Park, despite a difficult year in 2018 with the fire that destroyed Piraten in Batavia and the Scandinavian alley, as well as the late opening of Eurosat – CanCan Coaster and the very mixed reception to the ride once it did open, has against all odds had an increase in visitors on the previous year.

In 2018 Europa Park managed to achieve attendance of 5.6M. Also noted was the importance of the Halloween and winter seasons in the recovery of visitor numbers. Thomas Mack is quoted as saying they expect numbers to rise to 6.5M in the near future with the opening of Rulantica and the accompanying Hotel Krønasår.

Great to see an increase in attendance for Europa Park. I think having the odd 'off' year where things don't open on time or go to plan won't harm them. They aren't like Six Flags or Merlin where they use new rides as a primary driver for marketing and attendance, they're closer to Disney or Universal where new attractions are needed but they don't need to be every year. People will visit regardless because it's a good experience.