• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They use the AT app to auto manage the queue time info. The app can glitch giving the system wrong information

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Merlin would never do stuff like that for profit. It's amazing how a few phones with 'glitches' running the app can influence ride times on a quiet day.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
It doesn't help they leave the passwords lying about (written on the iPads)....

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

You know what's better than spending £400 on a fastrack pass? Spending £400 going to a park in Europe that opertates rides efficiently without fastrack! That's what i'd rather do if I had that extra money to spend on a theme park. F**K Fastrack, it is worthless on a quiet or full capacity day anyway.

You know what's better than spending £400 on a fastrack pass? Spending £400 going to a park in Europe that opertates rides efficiently without fastrack! That's what i'd rather do if I had that extra money to spend on a theme park. F**K Fastrack, it is worthless on a quiet or full capacity day anyway.
It doesn't make sense to me. Just visit on the quiet days and as you say use the money saved to visit somewhere else in the summer

It comes in useful if work schedules make it difficult to go on quiet days.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
Yep one advantage of being a waiter I just tell my work I'm not coming in that day :)

Also since you visit for all the Halloween stuff as well I see it makes sense for you @ihaveaspergers

Definitely a niche though, for me there's too many other places to explore to justify the cost. And I still believe the operations should be good enough that one should not need it (RAP or not) but that's another matter...

Serious answer: Sundays in March-May or September - early October.

I don't quite understand the market for hyper-expensive fastrack options. If you're making at least the 5 visits a year at busy times you need to break even on Thorpe's then you're probably making a whole bunch more visits at less busy times too, so you'll be getting on loads of rides anyway. Fastrack has always struck me as a more appealing option for less frequent visitors who will be more disappointed if they miss a particular rids than a passholder who can gogback whenever. Event days are a little different as pass holders are likely to visit on an event day they know will be busy as opposed to avoiding busy non-event days but tbh many passholders seem to hoard exit passes for these days anyway so don't need to buy fastrack then either.

So my fiancee is a school teacher, and we have an 11 year old lad.

Any suggestions as to which days we should visit?
Weekends near the start of the season?

Seriously though isn't paying extra for a fast pass just making the problem worse? I would struggle to have a good day out if I know I'm being ripped off. Ten roller coasters and Hex should be doable in one day, every day of the seaaon

Weekends near the start of the season?

Seriously though isn't paying extra for a fast pass just making the problem worse? I would struggle to have a good day out if I know I'm being ripped off. Ten roller coasters and Hex should be doable in one day, every day of the seaaon

Yes....we tried that.

The result was a four and three quarter hour wait for Wickerman after being late opening, and several stoppages/delay's and breakdowns, after which we left the line having not been on.

We then (2.30) went for lunch having been on nothing, after which we did Oblivion (walk on) the Smiler (over an hour wait) and Wickerman which had over an hour wait with our fast track tickets.

We didn't rate the experience as a day out, and even as a pass holder, felt I'd somehow been ripped off.

Yes....we tried that.

The result was a four and three quarter hour wait for Wickerman after being late opening, and several stoppages/delay's and breakdowns, after which we left the line having not been on.

We then (2.30) went for lunch having been on nothing, after which we did Oblivion (walk on) the Smiler (over an hour wait) and Wickerman which had over an hour wait with our fast track tickets.

We didn't rate the experience as a day out, and even as a pass holder, felt I'd somehow been ripped off.
Sounds like you were really unlucky that day :( I would ask for a refund on my fast track, no way the queue should be that long

I was more referring to the "fast track season pass" mentioned earlier than one day fast tracks, my thinking was if you're going multiple times anyway why spend the extra money.

I think the Wicker Man fastrack pass being referred to is an exit pass given out bcause of the earlier break down. Then when it re-opened, everyone who had been given one of these for free would have been in the fastrack queue, leading to misery for both the main and the fastrack queue.

:)

Sounds like you were really unlucky that day :( I would ask for a refund on my fast track, no way the queue should be that long

I was more referring to the "fast track season pass" mentioned earlier than one day fast tracks, my thinking was if you're going multiple times anyway why spend the extra money.

It wasn't a paid fast track, it was issued when we left the WM line at 2.30 as we had been on site for almost 6 hours and we're hungry and needed to loo. There is no way on earth we would have joined the line had we known it was going to be that long, but the continuing periods of downtime resulted in a complete farce.

Needless to say we finished the day (in another line) at guest services where I logged an official complaint, the first one in over 30 years of being a coaster freak!

Yeah giving hundreds of upset people fast track passes at the same time doesn't sound like a great idea, but if I were Alton Towers I'm not sure what else I would do!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.