• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Images taken from FB

Drinking water fountains and sunscreen dispensers are available for people to use around the park

7d0VxTI.jpg

l6d0P04.jpg
Now that is excellent! :)

Well Towers was so busy today. Sooo many people. Sooo many queues including fastrack queues.
Towers street Skyride queue out of the station :eek:
I had to leave at 3pm. Couldn’t cope.

So had me thinking what could they do it improve things, I was at a loss.

The park has just had its day. There’s no coming back

Come scarefest it’s just going to be a complete nightmare.

"Had its day" feels a bit too pessimistic to me, we never know what may happen. I think (hope) Merlin are smart enough not to run Towers into the ground.

I guess the solution is just more investment in the park and its staff. Pretty much sums up everything written in this forum recently. Merlin is a very large company, they have the resources.

I still think more restaurants and later openings are the answer, to keep people on park longer, ease congestion at the end of the day and boost numbers of guests staying in the hotels.

This year is probably going to be the worst ever, because...
1. All the cheap new season passers, who were previously once a year visitors,
2. Nice new family woodie,
3. Lack of filler attractions,
4. Overuse of fasttrack by new season pass holders looking to get "value" out of their passes.

Apparently it’s new policy to run the Rapids as slowly as possible now. I think they are afraid something might still happen on a properly maintained and run ride. And I’m afraid it’s better than nothing. ;)
Absolute madness, do they have no regard for guest experience whatsoever?

I'm not sure if the busyness is down to Wicker Man, or the majority of guests owning the cheap season passes, but regardless of that it's a huge shame to see the park operating so terribly when they have the chance to impress crowds.

A visit was on the cards for tomorrow, on the back of hearing about today's fiasco we're not bothering.

Well Towers was so busy today. Sooo many people. Sooo many queues including fastrack queues.
Towers street Skyride queue out of the station :eek:
I had to leave at 3pm. Couldn’t cope.

So had me thinking what could they do it improve things, I was at a loss.

The park has just had its day. There’s no coming back

Come scarefest it’s just going to be a complete nightmare.

I do feel sorry for you VIP pass holders that have paid £725 for your pass and still having to queue ridiculous time to get on the rides. Merlin definitely saw you all coming :rolleyes:

I too have major concerns for my Scarefest and Fireworks visits

More flat rides is the solution, takes up the slack.

No, the solution is to run the theme park like is supposed to be run,

at the moment it's like Merlin selling you a Ferrari to find that they have stuck a Robin reliant motor inside it. :rolleyes:

To be honest, i don't do flat rides, but i can see how they may help with the queues. Also, major faults on rides can't be helped.

For me, since the Smiler incident, the park's procedure for dealing with minor faults has been the problem, with rides out of operation for a long time. I guess before ride operators could work around these things, but not now as it's safety first. I guess that'll be relaxed with time and the coasters will operate with minor faults, then there might be another incident and it'll be back to safety first again

They need at least one new big flat to replace Ripsaw and Submission. and a new Crowd pulling show. Just that next year along with proper opening times would help loads I think. Then the following year add another flat. Then the year after open a new area in Cloud Cuckoo land that has been properly thought out and not just a lick of paint on the old units.

So it's day 2, and me and about 150 others are stood in the queue waiting for runaway mine train to open. Rapids has about 70 people outside the gate. Seriously, it's July, weekend, extremely busy and yet we still have these ridiculous staggered openings. Even the shops in the area are closed so we can't get a drink while we queue. Grrrrr

Those sunscreen dispensers and water fountains are a really great addition for the hot summer months! Well done Towers!

The queue times, while they are an indication that the park is popular again and that the cuts might get reversed in 2019, do make me slightly concerned for when we visit for two days in August. I really hope the queues go down a bit before the summer holidays hit! I also hope that WM reopens soon!

Those sunscreen dispensers and water fountains are a really great addition for the hot summer months! Well done Towers!

The queue times, while they are an indication that the park is popular again and that the cuts might get reversed in 2019, do make me slightly concerned for when we visit for two days in August. I really hope the queues go down a bit before the summer holidays hit! I also hope that WM reopens soon!
You'll be fine if you're there for two days. You might even have time to stop for lunch :p

Do Towers still do the lunch pass for Wicker Man? Not heard it mentioned in a while since everyone slated it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.