• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On the Metro newspaper website, they had a story a few days ago about a man who got punched once in the face in Thailand who sustained no serious injury after a minor argument about what music was playing in a bar.

If they can justify putting that on their website, I wonder what they would make of fungus growing in a food consumption area in Britain's leading theme park in the middle of summer? AT need to get this sorted ASAP.

@bluesonichd have you written to the park yet? Might be a bad manager in the restaurant, if you let them know they might fix it really quickly

If they don't, post it on Twitter and take it to the papers

I think the issues is one of priorities.

You wouldn't expect your local fuel station to boast about a resurfaced forecourt when none of the pumps work for any length of time....

Have Towers boasted/posted anything about it themselves? I've not seen anything (apologies if I have missed it), thought it was just fansites/social media that had noticed.

:)

Have Towers boasted/posted anything about it themselves? I've not seen anything (apologies if I have missed it), thought it was just fansites/social media that had noticed.

Well having been on the parks Facebook page for about 4 seconds the first thing I noticed was a picture along the top of the Wickerman with Big Bob fully engulfed in flames, and the first post from the park certainly seemed to be a proud one, talking about a new chill room they have opened.

Again, priorities.

Well having been on the parks Facebook page for about 4 seconds the first thing I noticed was a picture along the top of the Wickerman with Big Bob fully engulfed in flames, and the first post from the park certainly seemed to be a proud one, talking about a new chill room they have opened.

Again, priorities.

That appears to be a new room for those with autism, so they can get away from the main park and chill out a bit. Seems like a pretty nice idea to me!

I have just checked their Facebook page and they do not seem to have mentioned the new free water fountains or sun cream. I'm all for having a good moan about things when there is a need to do so, but come on.

Last edited:
The I have just checked their Facebook page and they do not seem to have mentioned the new free water fountains or sun cream. I'm all for having a good moan about things when there is a need to do so, but come on.

The water fountains and sun cream comments comes from fan pages like MAP fb

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That appears to be a new room for those with autism, so they can get away from the main park and chill out a bit. Seems like a pretty nice idea to me!

I have just checked their Facebook page and they do not seem to have mentioned the new free water fountains or sun cream. I'm all for having a good moan about things when there is a need to do so, but come on.

I am not saying it isn't. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have the basics sorted before adding the finishing touches.

You cant ice a cake before you have baked it.

I am not saying it isn't. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have the basics sorted before adding the finishing touches.

You cant ice a cake before you have baked it.

Of course. But I would imagine that in the short term it is somewhat easier to put up a sun cream dispenser than it is to sort out a vast array of technical problems across the park.

Of course. But I would imagine that in the short term it is somewhat easier to put up a sun cream dispenser than it is to sort out a vast array of technical problems across the park.

But things have been this way since opening day. At what point does a short term problem become a long term headache?

It's almost as if they are ignoring the real issues.

But things have been this way since opening day. At what point does a short term problem become a long term headache?

It's almost as if they are ignoring the real issues.

As far as I am aware it is party a staffing issue. They either cannot get enough, or do not have the budget for, staff in tech services. Hence they are struggling to get everything open at 10am every day.

It is not an excuse of course and it simply is not good enough at the peak summer period.

I’m sure this has been discussed but I remember a year or so ago when they where advertising technical positions the wages on offer at the time wouldn’t attract anyone and they probably have great difficulty retaining staff on such salaries

Yeah here's a novel idea Merlin
As far as I am aware it is party a staffing issue. They either cannot get enough, or do not have the budget for, staff in tech services. Hence they are struggling to get everything open at 10am every day.

It is not an excuse of course and it simply is not good enough at the peak summer period.

Maybe if they offered the going rate for said posts, they might get more people applying.

I have no idea what the going rate for such a job is or what Towers offer, but you would like to think that Merlin give a budget that allows for a competitive salary. It's no wonder they are stuggling to recruit if not, especially with the extra scrutiny working in such a position at Alton Towers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.