• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
No, there's no indication as to which turnstiles are going to be used prior to opening: there were 2 queues today, then a 3rd formed stretching back to the monorail statoon, only for everyone in it to be told those turnstiles wouldn't actually open.

Once they start admitting people, there's then the issue that annual passes don't scan but most guests at opening time have passes so the turnstiles aren't even being properly utilised. Currently every queue is a mix of ERT and non-ERT guests but everyone is allowed in at 9.30 regardless

No, there's no indication as to which turnstiles are going to be used prior to opening: there were 2 queues today, then a 3rd formed stretching back to the monorail statoon, only for everyone in it to be told those turnstiles wouldn't actually open.

Once they start admitting people, there's then the issue that annual passes don't scan but most guests at opening time have passes so the turnstiles aren't even being properly utilised. Currently every queue is a mix of ERT and non-ERT guests but everyone is allowed in at 9.30 regardless
Is that just this weekend or do you think they'll do that all the time?

Last edited:
Why are people queueing at that time?

Whenever we've stayed on site during the summer, we've wondered up just before ERT and there's always been hundreds of people standing like lemmings in the area, but the far right set of turnstyles has always been open for MAP and other eligible guests, it's never been a problem to just walk past them and get straight in.

Bag checks is one of the reasons why I'm not renewing my MAP this year, as was proven yesterday if someone wants to cause grief on site, they don't need to use the main entrance, just fly your bomb in from the road. I bet too if you just walk past the bag check without a bag, you still get yelled at either by one of the apes or someone in the queue thinking your queue jumping.

No...managed to walk past bag check slowly, hands wide and smiling, making careful eye contact with nice security man.
All while gently jumping the queue.
As I do all the time at BPB.

If they start checking your pockets, start checking theirs.

Thirteen is back up and running. :)

Enterprise 5 mins
Oblivion 5 mins
TH13TEEN 25 mins
Nemesis 30 mins
Spinball Whizzer 30 mins
Galactica 50 mins
The Smiler 70 mins
Wicker Man 180 mins
Rita Unavailable

No...managed to walk past bag check slowly, hands wide and smiling, making careful eye contact with nice security man.
All while gently jumping the queue.
As I do all the time at BPB.

If they start checking your pockets, start checking theirs.

I find making eye contact usually draws attention, slipping by unnoticed is my usual mo, the day they start checking pockets is the day I take used condoms with me.

To be fair, that was the only incident I have ever had with them...yet, they sound much worse this year (from what I have heard anyway)

I hate autocorrect...

Last edited:
Are these security types the usual thugs you see outside nightclubs giving it the big I Am?
I know someone who used to work the doors. But only after he was dismissed from his job as a prison guard. For being "mentally unstable". The stories he can tell from both jobs boggle the mind!
(For the record, he's an absolute gent. But I wouldn't want to cross him!)

Are these security types the usual thugs you see outside nightclubs giving it the big I Am?

Alton yes, I once asked to see ID before letting my wife hand over her bag because the guy wasn't showing any and he begrudgingly got out his door security accreditation / license thing (white and blue thing like a MAP card) he also had one tucked in the back which was a HCEA one (old school bailiffs), big fat miserable bald guy if that rings any bells. It was a company called AL something Security, right miserable chump.

Chessington and Thorpe employ more what you'd call licensed security (VIP personal security) types rather than door noobs, they are infinitely more polite, you can usually tell the debt collector / nightclub bouncers because they look like they should be in the queue to get in rather than your first impression of the establishment.

At Alton, the entry bag checks are done by nightclub-style security staff & are not over effective. TBH, I don't think Alton's in-house security team would be much better as they are pretty inept too - they just look a bit more professional. Never judge a book by it's cover though!

Alton yes, I once asked to see ID before letting my wife hand over her bag because the guy wasn't showing any and he begrudgingly got out his door security accreditation / license thing (white and blue thing like a MAP card) he also had one tucked in the back which was a HCEA one (old school bailiffs), big fat miserable bald guy if that rings any bells. It was a company called AL something Security, right miserable chump.

Chessington and Thorpe employ more what you'd call licensed security (VIP personal security) types rather than door noobs, they are infinitely more polite, you can usually tell the debt collector / nightclub bouncers because they look like they should be in the queue to get in rather than your first impression of the establishment.
Thorpe security where very helpful in pointing out where I was suppose to enter the park.
Alton security are literally useless,they have repeatedly waved me through with a bag full of wires going between the straps , a plastic box and a big metal battery pack.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.