• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

(I was listening on a scanner).

Oh dear. Have you hear of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006?

Part1 Chapter 5 is about interception and use of information from interception.

It is lawful to listen in to radio transmissions however if you are not authorised to use that frequency then acting apon it or passing it on to a 3rd party is an offence under the WTA 2006.

Just thought i would let you know so you don't drop yourself into trouble for not knowing the law.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh dear. Have you hear of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006?

Part1 Chapter 5 is about inception and use of information from inception.

It is lawful to listen in to radio transmissions however if you are not authorised to use that frequency then passing it on to a 3rd party is an offence under the WTA 2006.

Just thought i would let you know so you don't drop yourself into trouble for not knowing the law.

Bit late now isn't it

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Shall i point out some issues i have with this post (excluding WTA 2006)

Alton's in-house security team are inept. I have seen them hiding in the bushes near the Flume [that was] refusing a radio call to a scuffle at Flume Fast Track.

The entire security staff? Must of been a blooming big bush.

2 members getting out of doing work, does not mean the entire team is inept.

- they even call their in-house database of cars registered on-site as "stinger" - what the proper police use to puncture tyres of stolen cars.

How do you know this, if the information is true. Would only be know by an insider.

Shall i point out some issues i have with this post (excluding WTA 2006)

The entire security staff? Must of been a blooming big bush.

2 members getting out of doing work, does not mean the entire team is inept.

How do you know this, if the information is true. Would only be know by an insider.

If he's using a scanner he would hear it mentioned.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

The Return of Staggered opening times :(

Oblivion and Enterprise is now on ERT instead of Spinball

tEDybEO.png

Disappointed but not surprised! Also, they shouldn’t even be contemplating 4pm closures ever, but it’s absoultely disgusting that they’re closing at 4 on a June weekday especially!

Yes absolutely disgusting, but these staggered opening times have now be in operation for a good few months now. People shouldn't have been so quick to praise Alton on social media when they initially did a partial U turn at the start of the season.

The following taken from Alton webpage

"Park open & close hours will always be flexible to ensure we can give our guests great experiences" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

https://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/opening-times/

I'd imagine that staggered openings will remain for off-peak days, and go on peak days.

:)

And it will be justified by the powers that be because all the rides on ride times are now less than 30 minutes.

I have had more than a few vehicles registered on "stinger" and have seen how inept AT security are. They almost never throw people out of the park for queue-jumping / other bad behaviour, as due to the remote location of the park, all the troublemakers will do is cause trouble locally until their car/coach time to return home.

Just read this, a reply from AT to a poor TripAdvisor review:

We do, however, implement multiple strategies to keep the waiting times down to a minimum as to ensure guests have the best possible day.

Oh do you, Alton? Like what, exactly? Adding VR to Air to cut throughput by 40%? Reducing the number of Rapids boats and then not filling them? Struggling with Wicker Man? Oblivion on 1 station? Removing baggage on Smiler and Th13teen? Cutting staff left, right and centre? Closing too early even when you have hour waits on some rides? Shutting several rides entirely?

All of these are some of your many strategies are they?

You have to laugh. I would love to see a list of their 'many strategies'. I fail to believe it exists and, if it does, it's rather some kind of joke document rather than anything they actually abide by.

I wonder if we could make an FOI request to see their so-called "strategies"?