• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Well i have encountered people with VIP map that act/believe the park is only for them and all other guests are a class to be rude to and shout at.

I am not saying all VIP map holders are like this, however it does draw that type of person. Along side the hard core theme park fans that are willing to spend the money on their hobby.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Shame about that but I can think of some VIPs who are supper pushy in park.
Everyone in the VIP group yesterday was super nice to chat to and I imagine they would be horrified by people showing up like that, all it does it get merlin to send us letter :(

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Because was there any actual need to differentiate the two groups other than to assert a non-existent self-elevated status that comes with owning a more expensive piece of plastic?
Yes as the VIP groups are smaller then MAPs.

Yes as the VIP groups are smaller then MAPs.

Really? I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more people willing to blow three quarters of a grand so that they can have ERT on Nemesis for just over half an hour and wave around a preposterous silver card, a purchase which appears to come with an irrevocable tendency to HAVE to let people know that you have done so.

Really? I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more people willing to blow three quarters of a grand so that they can have ERT on Nemesis for just over half an hour and wave around a preposterous silver card, a purchase which appears to come with an irrevocable tendency to HAVE to let people know that you have done so.
Is towers street not for sharing cool experiences at the park then?

There are only 300 people in the VIP AP Facebook group vs nearly 40k in the AP Facebook group so yes there is a difference.

I’m not one of them who goes all over the park waving my silver pass around, I have my lanyard on when I need it when lining up to enter the park for example.

Is towers street not for sharing cool experiences at the park then?

Oh it most certainly is. Just no need to clarify such pedantic details as whether something was a MAP or VIP group as it merely comes across as yet another "I'm a VIP, I have a VIP pass" post which not many people want to read. :)

Oh it most certainly is. Just no need to clarify such pedantic details as whether something was a MAP or VIP group as it merely comes across as yet another "I'm a VIP, I have a VIP pass" post which not many people want to read. :)
Good point about wording but it was relevent to compare it against the Legoland map group event

Some people in the AP group comment before they put their brains in gear, @RoyJess and @delta79 know what I’m on about, I’m referring to the photo that appeared at the end of the season, as soon as I saw it I started to set the facts right.

There is always a mix of people in a group. Unfortunately the more rude and in your face people in a group are the ones that get noticed. And this ends up with the whole group being seen in the same light.

No??

If a poppy grows taller than the rest of the field, someone will come a long and cut it down. There are things that are open for discussion and other things that you should keep to yourself, especially if you are in an exclusive club.

Judging by you user name (and nothing personal) I think it's fair to say that you lack empathy due to your circumstances and it's something that I do fully understand. This is not a criticism of you, but hopefully I can highlight to others that you may not always have the ability think before you post. It's something that you can't help and will find very difficult to do.

I've personally have nothing against the VIP. You paid for it, so you are entitled to all the perks that come with it. However if you get any additional impromptu perks that are not part of your VIP package, then probably best to keep them to yourself. Anything else that is cool but is also for everyone else including non VIP to equally have the opportunity to experience, then by all means discuss.

I myself have over the past few years also have some amazing and cool impromptu experiences and photos at my two regular Zoo's, but I've not mentioned or posted any of the pics or what we did on FB or any other social media. These are purely between Jess, the Zoo keepers and myself

I never minded the VIP people until late last year when a group of five of them used their fast tracks on Frog Hopper when the only other people in the queue were me and my son.

We had to wait while they bounced up and down, their grey lanyards hitting them in the face, completely oblivious to how obnoxious that was.

Oh and in Katanga Cargo I heard one of them refer to the regular AP as a 'Pauper pass'

If a poppy grows taller than the rest of the field, someone will come a long and cut it down. There are things that are open for discussion and other things that you should keep to yourself, especially if you are in an exclusive club.

Judging by you user name (and nothing personal) I think it's fair to say that you lack empathy due to your circumstances and it's something that I do fully understand. This is not a criticism of you, but hopefully I can highlight to others that you may not always have the ability think before you post. It's something that you can't help and will find very difficult to do.

I've personally have nothing against the VIP. You paid for it, so you are entitled to all the perks that come with it. However if you get any additional impromptu perks that are not part of your VIP package, then probably best to keep them to yourself. Anything else that is cool but is also for everyone else including non VIP to equally have the opportunity to experience, then by all means discuss.

I myself have over the past few years also have some amazing and cool impromptu experiences and photos at my two regular Zoo's, but I've not mentioned or posted any of the pics or what we did on FB or any other social media. These are purely between Jess, the Zoo keepers and myself
You raise a good point that I do sometimes struggle to see how my posts come across but I mean no harm!

You raise a good point that I do sometimes struggle to see how my posts come across but I mean no harm!

That why I posted what I said, hopefully to help you and educate others. But it was a difficult post to write as I didn't want to appear insensitive or cause embarrassment to you either

That why I posted what I said, hopefully to help you and educate others. But it was a difficult post to write as I didn't want to appear insensitive or cause embarrassment to you either
No problem, there's a reason I use this username ;)

If you are ever unsure if something is OK to post, you can always PM me first (or any other members that you trust). Even I sometimes have to ask Jess for a second opinion on somethings before I even post something and there are times where she would ask my opinion before she post on other sites too including emails etc...

Oh and in Katanga Cargo I heard a VIP Passholder refer to the regular AP as a 'Pauper pass'

I heard that too. However it did come from a holder that i know from pervious experience is a self righteous, rude member of a vip subset my daughter and myself call VIW (i will leave you to work out the W)

To be honest. I think the everyday theme parks are my hobby/relaxation member of VIP get a hard time due to people like him. Which is a shame