• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Would of thought it would be for inspecting the inner portion of the rails easier - rather than balancing on the middle cross sections they have two planks they can rest on and also bend down on to get a closer look - also makes it harder to fall through.

maxresdefault.jpg

Tbh it’s a bit like scalextric!!! It gives direct power feed to the cars for vr/sound system/lift hills etc . I may be wrong

Very basic science lessons will teach that wood does not conduct electricity.
The only time it become a poor conductor is when it is tainted with an conductive material. Most common is water.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Do you guys think we will see some sort of reveal tomorrow, as tomorrow is Halloween? Because a lot of people think that that is what "Be chosen on the night where the living meets the dead" could mean. Also, the signs around the site say "Be Chosen at Scarefest" and Scarefest ends tomorrow. Or is that just hinting at The Welcoming?

If we do see some kind of reveal tomorrow, I don't think it will be a full reveal. I'm more thinking a minor reveal where we get some statistics and info about the ride. Even though I wasn't following the development at this time, I believe The Smiler had a similar reveal in around October 2012, so it makes perfect sense. I also don't think it will be a full reveal tomorrow because I've noticed that the two most recent UK Merlin major investment reveals were on the 3rd Monday in January of their respective opening year. For those of you who don't know, The Smiler was revealed on the 21st January 2013 and DBGT was revealed on the 18th January 2016. (I'm not counting Gruffalo.) Because of this, I personally think that SW8 will be officially revealed on the 15th January 2018. I'm still personally holding out hope for a full reveal tomorrow, but that's just an idea. Personally, I think that Alton Towers/Merlin's method of revealing rides and building up hype worked for them back in the 1990s, but is a slightly primitive approach now what with social media and the internet making it easier than ever to find out what new rides are going to be before they are announced. For example, we've [enthusiasts] known what this ride is going to be and what the basic theme is going to be ever since a worker tweeted about "working on the Wickerman coaster" in around December 2016. My Dad asked me the other day if Alton Towers were running a live feed from the construction site, and when I told him no, he said "That's very poor for 2017". What do you guys think about Alton's method of revealing rides?

Do you guys think we will see some sort of reveal tomorrow, as tomorrow is Halloween? Because a lot of people think that that is what "Be chosen on the night where the living meets the dead" could mean. Also, the signs around the site say "Be Chosen at Scarefest" and Scarefest ends tomorrow. Or is that just hinting at The Welcoming?

If we do see some kind of reveal tomorrow, I don't think it will be a full reveal. I'm more thinking a minor reveal where we get some statistics and info about the ride. Even though I wasn't following the development at this time, I believe The Smiler had a similar reveal in around October 2012, so it makes perfect sense. I also don't think it will be a full reveal tomorrow because I've noticed that the two most recent UK Merlin major investment reveals were on the 3rd Monday in January of their respective opening year. For those of you who don't know, The Smiler was revealed on the 21st January 2013 and DBGT was revealed on the 18th January 2016. (I'm not counting Gruffalo.) Because of this, I personally think that SW8 will be officially revealed on the 15th January 2018. I'm still personally holding out hope for a full reveal tomorrow, but that's just an idea. Personally, I think that Alton Towers/Merlin's method of revealing rides and building up hype worked for them back in the 1990s, but is a slightly primitive approach now what with social media and the internet making it easier than ever to find out what new rides are going to be before they are announced. For example, we've [enthusiasts] known what this ride is going to be and what the basic theme is going to be ever since a worker tweeted about "working on the Wickerman coaster" in around December 2016. My Dad asked me the other day if Alton Towers were running a live feed from the construction site, and when I told him no, he said "That's very poor for 2017". What do you guys think about Alton's method of revealing rides?
The part about the living meeting dead could also be referring to the day of the dead celebrations that are commonly held in Mexico on the 2nd of November :) But then again I don't think a random Thursday would be the day they choose to announce anything major - maybe the release of episode 3 of the sw series?!

The part about the living meeting dead could also be referring to the day of the dead celebrations that are commonly held in Mexico on the 2nd of November :) But then again I don't think a random Thursday would be the day they choose to announce anything major - maybe the release of episode 3 of the sw series?!
Are you referring to Dia De Las Meurtas, which is basically Spanish Halloween? I'm not sure why they would choose a Spanish celebration as a day to announce the ride. Unless... the Wicker Man is secretly Spanish and the name is actually El Hombre de Mimbre. We may be told to "alimenta las llamas" and "ser elegido" in 2018. Or maybe they even intended for us to codename this thing Arma Secreta Ocho all along. Hmmm...

P.S. Of course I don't really think it's going to be a Spain-themed ride.

Last edited:
Nah, Phantasialand have a Dia De Las Meurtas themed ride (Chiapas) so it wouldn't be a 'globally unique experience' for Alton... Although I'd love the head of the statue to be a disco Chiapas skull.

In all seriousness though, I think we'll see something (reveal/announcement) today and if not definitely by the end of the season/this week.

Nah, Phantasialand have a Dia De Las Muertos themed ride (Chiapas) so it wouldn't be a 'globally unique experience' for Alton... Although I'd love the head of the statue to be a disco Chiapas skull.

In all seriousness though, I think we'll see something (reveal/announcement) today and if not definitely by the end of the season/this week.

I think we will see something today, but just another small teaser. They won't be revealing the name until at least January, we are basically in the brand exposure phase currently.

The marketing team basically see this time like the prequel to a film, building up a backstory and exposing the brand. The main part of this sequel being The Welcoming. Come January we will probably have seen the branding ramped up even more (much like The Smiler and the big ben projection/sheep graffiti etc.) and finally a reveal of the name around then.

They might be announcing late. The teaser for Episode 2 wasn't until 8pm.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.