• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thinking about it. Following the path you start with pirates, go thought a village after pirates but before the colonial Britain that could be kanya

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Just saying, AT Marketing Team should invite Big Shaq (Who is hip and revel-vent in today's youth) who sings 'Man's not Hot' to the ride's press event/Opening.

Also,
mans_not_wicker.png

Wow! It looks great! But is it only me who thinks that from that angle, it rather resembles a wicker Stormtrooper? For that reason, I rather hope that isn't the main viewing angle so to speak.

Wow! It looks great! But is it only me who thinks that from that angle, it rather resembles a wicker Stormtrooper? For that reason, I rather hope that isn't the main viewing angle so to speak.
Well that couldnt possibly lead to issues for merlin with a certain media/entertainment company.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks very promising though and of fairly high quality. I still can't believe just how massive it is!

Thanks i get that alot :) - oh you mean the ride?

It looks really promising imo - im more excited for it now that I have been recently

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
I know this might seem like a random question, but does anyone think that we will see an edited Alton Towers logo used in next year's marketing? Because the installation of Thirteen in 2010 saw the green one used, the installation of The Smiler in 2013 saw the yellow swirly one used and to a lesser extent, the refurbishment of Air into Galactica in 2016 saw the electric blue one used. If we do see one, I reckon we will see an orange/red one with embers coming off it.

Sorta related to your question but could we maybe see a mobile game too? They did that one for Smiler and then one for Galactica so what are the chances SW8 could get one? Would be fun to see what they do with it.

Sorta related to your question but could we maybe see a mobile game too? They did that one for Smiler and then one for Galactica so what are the chances SW8 could get one? Would be fun to see what they do with it.
Maybe they could do like a sort of Virtual Villagers type thing where you have this big wicker man statue in the middle and you build up your village.

I know this might seem like a random question, but does anyone think that we will see an edited Alton Towers logo used in next year's marketing? Because the installation of Thirteen in 2010 saw the green one used, the installation of The Smiler in 2013 saw the yellow swirly one used and to a lesser extent, the refurbishment of Air into Galactica in 2016 saw the electric blue one used. If we do see one, I reckon we will see an orange/red one with embers coming off it.
If there is, and there probably will be, it will likely look like it is carved out of wood.

I have to agree that it ruins mutiny bay!
(The town type area by heave ho and mayhem)
As much as I love mutiny bay, if the pirate show is never coming back, then I hope it gets rethemed.
(The Welcoming queue music would make an awesome area theme!)

I have to agree that it ruins mutiny bay!
(The town type area by heave ho and mayhem)
As much as I love mutiny bay, if the pirate show is never coming back, then I hope it gets rethemed.
(The Welcoming queue music would make an awesome area theme!)

How does it ruin Mutiny Bay any more than a rubber duck themed flume ride complete with catchy soundtrack ruined Mutiny Bay? Genuine question!

:)

And from one poor quality photo you can tell that this does dominate the entire area?
:)
No...I could tell that it dominates the area when I was stood by heave ho at scarefest looking at it over the buildings!

Hell I could even see it from FV at one point (near the skyride...albeit, much earlier in the year)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.