• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well, after a photo posted on the TowersStreet Facebook page of spare SW8 offcuts, some people on TowersTimes think it may not actually be testing yet... thoughts anyone? I personally think it is testing because I trust the ECC as a source, and many other people have said it, too.

Well, after a photo posted on the TowersStreet Facebook page of spare SW8 offcuts, some people on TowersTimes think it may not actually be testing yet... thoughts anyone? I personally think it is testing because I trust the ECC as a source, and many other people have said it, too.

It’s testing, there is always spare bits of material when they build wooden coasters and the park will keep a small stock of track steal and timber for repairs.

What are we expecting?

Something new and exciting?
Or just an opening date and a confirmation of the 'Wicker Man" name.
Confirmation of what we've known since December 2016 due to a leak on Twitter, probably. I'm not too sure if they'd want to reveal the opening date too soon unless they want the Daily Mail swooping around Merlin HQ for any signs of a delay.

I have some questions regarding opening day. This is the first coaster I've closely followed as an enthusiast and I plan to visit on opening day. How early will people arrive? Will there be a huge run to the ride at 10am like at some foreign parks? And what sort of queues will it have throughout the day? Thanks :p

There will inevitably be the initial push for the desperate individuals to be the first public riders on its opening day, followed by the VIP pass holders trampling over everyone as they've paid obscene amounts of money for the privilege. I would imagine they're aiming to have it open as early as possible on the day if they are (and I see no reason thus far to suggest otherwise) going for the first day of the season. Queues? I think you can probably imagine.

Last edited:
I've done a few "opening days" over the years. There's fun to be had, but in my old age I just can't be arsed with the chaos anymore. I'll ride it when I ride it. After all the inevitable teething problems are sorted and the paint has actually dried.

I should hope the track has been installed by now considering it's tested.
:p was merely stating facts, when I see a video of testing I'll believe it (although I agree that ECC are a credible source,). If it has been tested they must have now paused for construction to continue as they were working on the sound walls again today which wouldn't be possible with trains zooming past.

It looked good anyway.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.