• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Did you visit The Welcoming?

Smoked beast on a spit.

Flame grilled human.

The perfect smokehouse and most thematic restaurant at the resort!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quite!

Just over 2 hours to go assuming the embargoes are lifted at midnight. :)

Did you visit The Welcoming?

Smoked beast on a spit.

Flame grilled human.

The perfect smokehouse and most thematic restaurant at the resort!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Indeed and not only that, come traveller days, there will be mysterious disappearances around that area.

If I'm honest, think the original idea of having a smokehouse amongst the ride was a good subtle nod to the ride, but serving actual body parts is going a tad too far. :laughing:

Just theorizing here, the videos released so far featuring the beornen mention the elements quite a bit, potentially inferring that not only will we be seeing fire on the ride, but also air, earth and water in some capacity. This could make for some pretty interesting theming designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just theorizing here, the videos released so far featuring the beornen mention the elements quite a bit, potentially inferring that not only will we be seeing fire on the ride, but also air, earth and water in some capacity. This could make for some pretty interesting theming designs.

Or a sub terror style live action bit, that will last for a week.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Anything but live actors please. So cringey, for me, anyway. I would even prefer a machine throw dirt at me -signifying Earth - than one of those lads from Stoke coming back to have a go at us like they did on Sub-Terra.

I agree, live actors just lower the longevity of the ride in my opinion. Sure, have roaming actors in the ride plaza for a bit after the ride opens and at scarefest but not as part of the actual ride experience thanks.

Anyone have any idea what time we're expecting the announcement to be made tomorrow? Are Merlin the kind of people who'll announce something first thing in the morning, or will we be made to wait until late afternoon?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd hazard a guess at midnight tonight, or based on the SW teaser videos being posted respectively at 8:04, 8:05, 8:06 and today at 8:07, then maybe 8:08?

Exactly, if you look at the times videos were released on Facebook you have…

SW5 video released at 20:05
SW6 video released at 20:06
SW7 video released at 20:07

So following this trend you would expect an SW8 video to be released at eight minutes past eight in the evening. Plus the emphasis of the number 8 ties in with it being 8th January. :)

A few things seem to have leaked already.

and the 'key visual':

trnftFP.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.