• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The name wasn’t part of the big reveal tomorrow. The website says unearthed in 1 day, meaning that we’re getting something besides the train and name tomorrow which is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, SW8 has an official name, in 2018 Alton Towers will welcome Wicker Man. Scheduled to open this spring, the ride is costing £16 million, has a track length of 2,028ft and is the world’s first rollercoaster experience to fuse wood and fire.

IMG_9888-1024x1024.jpg

IMG_9891-723x1024.jpg

IMG_9893-1024x882.jpg

No real surprises at all, but got to admit that I do love the promotional artwork, it is very impressive!

Apparently the ride has been in development for over 4 years and over 1000 people have worked on the project.

:)

Gotta say, the promo image looks fantastic. Loving the whole color scheme and new park logo for the year. They have some good marketing material to work with I must say.

The name wasn’t part of the big reveal tomorrow. The website says unearthed in 1 day, meaning that we’re getting something besides the train and name tomorrow which is cool.

I mean... It was part of the reveal. I think they just forgot to remove the placeholder countdown when they switched the sites over.

Would love to be proven wrong though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Guys, official description reads “worlds first rollercoaster experience fusing wood with fire”...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.