• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
looks like its not sped up so that is the pace of the first entrance of the wickerman, not too bad i do think the other two entries of the wickerman wont be half this speed though.

Also, the very last clips seem to show extracts from a POV taken after dark, if you slow them down you can see the entrance to the first lifthill tunnel (circa 0:21) and the train doing the helix before the wickermans chest (circa 0:22 after the eye), with the wicker head looming over you, there appears to be smoke effects on this part of the clip?

I get a feeling Alton put that video up on a temporary basis as it would gather more attention when it went down as it has.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I have to say, that video shows the ride really well from a visual point of view. But come on Towers, we want a POV to see how the thing runs! We've had enough of people with Scottish accents telling us to re-assess our lives and be chosen, we want proper info! We want a storyline and some footage of the ride itself!

Very positive - I’m intrigued though as to how much fire were actually going to get - seems like a lot of smoke to me

A POV will lower excitement. I doubt we'll see a full one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But we saw a full one with Smiler. Even though that is admittedly something that relied more on the coaster itself.

Same hear... Ride it without the POV... I think it will be a great FAMILY attraction , possibly amongst the best FAMILY attractions on the world, but can we have the ultimate THRILL machine next time please.Nemesis is proof that it can be done despite Towers planning restrictions.

Same hear... Ride it without the POV... I think it will be a great FAMILY attraction , possibly amongst the best FAMILY attractions on the world, but can we have the ultimate THRILL machine next time please.Nemesis is proof that it can be done despite Towers planning restrictions.

We had The Smiler - that’s pretty thrilling

This ride will fill a gap in their lineup no doubt. The issue is their line up is full of gaps!!!

This ride will fill a gap in their lineup no doubt. The issue is their line up is full of gaps!!!
Can you fill the 2nd major water ride gap next please Merlin? Preferably a water coaster for SW9, please. Failing that, a nice log flume like Chiapas will do the trick. Failing even that, something like Tayto Park's would be nice. Anyway, this is more suited to the SW9 thread.

Hopefully if they follow what they have been doing, family (13) thrill (smiler) family (wicker man) it will be a thrill next. If it does continue like that I think that makes good business sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where have people got this 'Rapids will be closed for all 2018' rumour from? I mean it's right next to Wicker Man and it's still a very popular attraction all year round, especially in the summer months.

I'd imagine the Rapids would have one of the highest ridership of guests a year at the park. It is also an attraction that caters for everyone.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.