• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It definitely looks the part, I wonder how its going to stack up next to the other europe GCI's Ive done (Jorvis, Troy and Wodan) as I rate them pretty highly, even if it is 4th out of the ones Ive been on thats still not necessarily a bad thing as the other 3 are great rides. Hoping it is open on the 3rd I will see.

I'm not sure why there's negativity surrounding it, It looks extremely impressive.

I'm guessing people were just expecting a ride opening date, which without confirmation we're all sure is opening day anyway.

As much as shambles as that was, the effects look very impressive and the ride looks to be running at a faster pace than what I ever imagined it would

I'm not sure why there's negativity surrounding it, It looks extremely impressive.

I'm guessing people were just expecting a ride opening date, which without confirmation we're all sure is opening day anyway.

Probably because there was no sound, it stopped halfway through and ended abruptly! What was shown did look very impressive though.

:)

To be fair it looks fantastic in the dark, but it's pointless using that as a USP when AT is only open late on about 10 dates during the year. You'd think having invested so much in a visually impressive coaster they would consider a few late openings throughout the year but I can't see it happening. I'm not sure it'll look anywhere near as impressive in sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To me it looked like it stopped when the drone landed which was when I think it was supposed to end!
That's what I thought. It showed the 3 passes the train makes through the structure, lighting up each time and then landed. I know there a few people on here who know 'people on the inside' (so to speak) so maybe more was supposed to happen after at?

If it was just the lack of sound, you can get the full experience of the footage with sound on, by playing this whilst watching the other YouTube video posted above.

I don't think anything extra was meant to happen. By stopped halfway through I meant that the live video was interrupted, so just a technical glitch. All in all it was some lovely footage shown off in a really bad way.

Probably because there was no sound, it stopped halfway through and ended abruptly! What was shown did look very impressive though.

I see, with anything live there's an element of error and I'm guessing Towers are cursing the live feed now :p

Luckily the visuals were impressive enough for me to not be bothered about the sound, after all we need something to look forward to.

Might just be me but the phrase "Something's coming!" suggests that some sort of information or reveal is to be expected.

I do still think the footage looks great though!

In their defense they hadn't officially released video footage of the effects testing up until now , its all been leaks so far.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.