• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I hope they get long enough nails and bolts to build the ride. We don't want to see the ride splitting apart ala smiler.

I hope they get long enough nails and bolts to build the ride. We don't want to see the ride splitting apart ala smiler.
Most wooden constructions are glued. For some reason coasters are not. In Alton's case it might be a wise idea to break with tradition.

Could we take the topic back to more serious levels please - I think we've just about exhausted the usual Merlin sarcasm roster now. ;)

I actually like 13's world first element. There's only so much slagging off of scaffolding and fences I can do without losing the will to live

The recreation is awesome, but the ride looks slightly dull and slow for the majority. I do hope they increase the launch speed if it is a launched lift hill, but at least it's WOOD!

So far then we have a fence themed ride, complete with scaffolding. I'm just concerned as to where the generic shipping container will fit in to this. Station building could be one perhaps?

Looking at the updated re-creation POV, which is great work by the way, I still feel that it needs more speed throughout the layout. It just seems to meander around a little too much, even for a family coaster.

:)

I can't get too excited about this based on the recreation (which is a fantastic recreation by the way). It looks too dull and lacking in variety to be much more than a wooden, longer version of Th13teen's outdoor section. I hope the actual ride has more to it than this.

With looking at the how the ride plays out...does it even warrant being made of wood?

Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to make that but steel?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.