• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's a hive of activity at the moment. Noticeable happenings since I visited last weekend include:

Further rot appearing in the trough.
Additional weed growth.
Creaking from the station turntable.
Noticeable echoes that sound like quacks of despair emerging from the tunnel section.

The work on SW8 won't start till late this year at the earliest. Having the "coming soon" signs up so early was simply to distract from The Flume being closed. Despite the bad condition it was in, The Flume could've stayed open for one final season.

All the activity from today !
CtHuS03WgAEqQ4n.jpg

It's been there a few weeks. I'm sure I saw the same one chasing a mouse around the flume about a month ago.

Had a great half day at the Towers today, single rider queue heaven.
The Flume looks a bloody disgrace, and even the cat has moved out.
The ducks in the Courtyard Tavern kept me amused for half an hour, even if they did eat half my chips.
Never noticed all the rat trap boxes before, must have seen at least a dozen.
Comes with the fast food I suppose.
More rat boxes than benches.

Had a great half day at the Towers today, single rider queue heaven.
The Flume looks a bloody disgrace, and even the cat has moved out.
The ducks in the Courtyard Tavern kept me amused for half an hour, even if they did eat half my chips.
Never noticed all the rat trap boxes before, must have seen at least a dozen.
Comes with the fast food I suppose.
More rat boxes than benches.
That's what the cats are for !

Can we give the cat a name? Maybe Charles or something after Charles Talbot? My cat is called Wardley so that ones already taken unfortunately...

;)

Can we give the cat a name? Maybe Charles or something after Charles Talbot? My cat is called Wardley so that ones already taken unfortunately...

;)

I believe the cat's already called Ripsaw isn't it? Used to be spotted around there all the time, when it was...well, still there ;)

Anyway, we're too far off-topic! Back to SW8 discussion please!

Lots of speculation about Blackpool's new 2018 Mack coaster wiping the floor with SW8.

It's certainly bigger, longer, faster and higher. Despite its size, I don't think it looks in the same class a Nemesis, but then what is.

It certainly looks from the POV animation to be more a thrill ride than SW8, and I love my scary coasters (I'm looking at you Nemmie and Blivvy).

When AT launched 13, I was disappointed that a family coaster was an SW project, but it has grown on me and I realise now that it is good in a fun way, rather than a thrill way, and that too can be great.

I think the Smiler incident has cost us the rumoured huge RMC thrill woody at least for now, but AT first priority must be to increase guest numbers to secure the future of the park.

The family thrill market is a far bigger demographic than the thrill market, and I think that SW8 is the right decision at this time.

Judging by Nemesis94''s no limits creation (great work by the way and thank you), I would have liked a couple more pops of airtime, but if AT can make this coaster FUN, then I'm not ready to declare Blackpool construction 2018, the winner just yet.

I think Merlin know that they need to deliver this time. I hope they do.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.