• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

I don't see it as a good thing that a free attraction (Charlie) is getting replaced with a paid-for one. But given the Dungeon at Warwick Castle is an extra charge, I don't think its an issue that the AT one will be. The Warwick Castle one is a copy-paste of most others as well (judge scene, doctor scene and torturer scene seem to be in every dungeon). If this was opening alongside a re-done dark ride in the Charlie building and the dungeon was an extra new attraction in the Towers it would be perfect. But as the only new attraction for 2019, nope.
Maybe they'll offer some sort of combination ticket for the park and the dungeons?

I'd like to see it run into the evening, as that would give hotel guests another activity. Considering you can barely ride all the roller coasters in six hours on a summer's day, trying to cram in a visit to the Dungeons as well isn't appealing...

Just my thinking. They struggled to fill the scare actor vacancy for the scarefest, I just hope that they manage to recruit enough actors to fill the attraction
I understand they struggled to fill the roles for scarefest because every park seems to do it now, and all the other scare attractions. I think a season of employment will mean no shortage of applicants for the dungeons

Temporary employees are hard to find. Loads of people want to earn a quick buck, but finding someone who can act in a scare attraction late into the weekend evenings is hard, especially amongst the latest generation of Snowflakes who were sold a false dream by the modern education system of being everything they want to be for minimal effort.

It's often ignorant of companies to think they can just pick and choose temp workers whenever they want.

I would imagine the dungeon staff would have a good few months of stable employment through the season so should be much easier to find and retain than Scarefest actors.

Last edited:
Temporary employees are hard to find. Loads of people want to earn a quick buck, but finding someone who can act in a scare attraction late into the weekend evenings is hard, especially amongst the latest generation of Snowflakes who were sold a false dream by the modern education system of being everything they want to be for minimal effort.

It's often ignorant of companies to think they can just pick and choose temp workers whenever they want.

I would imagine the dungeon staff would have a good few months of stable employment through the season so should be much easier to find and retain than Scarefest actors.

Always find it amusing that the youngest generation is referred to as “snowflakes” when it’s the baby boomers who had it easy but there you go.

Towers struggled with scare actors because of their location. When you can get a job close to home in an attraction that is well regarded and operates more days over October why would you pick working at Towers for 4 weekends and half term.....

The parks haven't caught up with the scare event boom, thinking that their events are big enough alone to attract people to work for them...

Given the way the parks are with their workforce anyway it's a mystery why anyone would want to work there...

Always find it amusing that the youngest generation is referred to as “snowflakes” when it’s the baby boomers who had it easy but there you go.

Odd that you seem to insinuate that one can't be true without the other?

The baby boomers have milked the country dry and the young are completely delusional about it and ill equipped for the rather grim prospects that await them in the future.

Anyway, that's completely off topic....

Baby Boomers and millennials alike with be welcomed to Alton Towers Dungeons!

I wonder if they will add a wickerman part to it? Try to focus it more to Alton Towers rather than the current set of scenes.

It will also be interesting to see if they try change the are around in anyway (renaming?)

Given the mismatch of the Dungeons theme amidst Cloud Cuckoo Land, the last thing they ought to do is toss in another theme into the disarray within the attraction.

A Wicker Man theme wouldn't really work in a Dungeon anyway. Unless of course the concept was to be executed prematurely before the Dungeons open, ultimately causing it to burn to the ground. That would indeed be welcomed.

It will also be interesting to see if they try change the are around in anyway (renaming?)

I suspect they will simply extend the area called ‘The Towers’ to include the new Dungeons building (along with Hex and Fountain Square) and CCL will start a bit further around.

If they had any sense (and wanted to continue the DARK SPOOPY themes in the park) they should just combine the Towers and Dark Forest area into one big section...

Basically turning Cuckoo Land back into the old Victoriana style area it once was I guess...

If they had any sense (and wanted to continue the DARK SPOOPY themes in the park) they should just combine the Towers and Dark Forest area into one big section...

Basically turning Cuckoo Land back into the old Victoriana style area it once was I guess...
That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I like dungeons but AT isn't the right place

The main reason its a bad idea for me is because you have to book a timed ticket....so you'd have to revolve your day around your time slot which i think would be very difficult on a theme park as big as Alton Towers

Booking a timed ticket isn't an issue; it's done with the mazes at Scarefest.

I think if done properly, the Dungeons would be ideal for Towers. There's plenty of lore and history surrounding the place to be used as inspiration; Hex is an incredible testament to that. Instead we've been given cut and paste drivel that Merlin are so fond of with no imagination deployed and a location that renders the surrounding area dull and void of any positive atmosphere.

At least with the scarefest, you have all day and all night to fit in the mazes among the rides. Other than that, with limited opening hours, long queue lines and the possibility of staggered opening times, there is not much room to fit in the dungeons on a normal day

I think if done properly, the Dungeons would be ideal for Towers. There's plenty of lore and history surrounding the place to be used as inspiration; Hex is an incredible testament to that. Instead we've been given cut and paste drivel that Merlin are so fond of with no imagination deployed and a location that renders the surrounding area dull and void of any positive atmosphere.
But do we know that no area history will be included within the Dungeons, though? I reckon they'll at least throw in a bit about the Chained Oak; Alton themselves are even advertising learning history in the Dungeons as part of their 2019 education packages!

But do we know that no area history will be included within the Dungeons, though? I reckon they'll at least throw in a bit about the Chained Oak; Alton themselves are even advertising learning history in the Dungeons as part of their 2019 education packages!

Yes we do. All the scene's characters have already been revealed around the park during Scarefest marketing and it's just copy and paste from the other Dungeons. It certainly isn't Alton's lore they'd be teaching in the education packages either.