• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

I’ve noticed that no where on the towers website or the dungeons page of the website does it mention Merlin pass holders must pay.

I think they’ll have a lot of pissed off pass holders who turn up expecting it to be free. You would think they might even give pass holders a discount entry, but there doesn’t seem to be any mention of that anywhere either yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed that no where on the towers website or the dungeons page of the website does it mention Merlin pass holders must pay.

I think they’ll have a lot of ****ed off pass holders who turn up expecting it to be free. You would think they might even give pass holders a discount entry, but there doesn’t seem to be any mention of that anywhere either yet.

I thought they'd put on Facebook somewhere that Alton Towers Season Pass holders got one free entry per visit and Merlin Annual Pass holders got a discount on entry?

I’ve only ever seen MAP holders have to pay full price?

One free visit per season would be enough to keep everyone happy don’t know why they won’t implement that

I’ve only ever seen MAP holders have to pay full price?

One free visit per season would be enough to keep everyone happy don’t know why they won’t implement that

I suspect it will be free for MAP holders later on in the season, which is why I likely won't bother doing it on opening weekend and will wait to see what happens.

I thought they'd put on Facebook somewhere that Alton Towers Season Pass holders got one free entry per visit and Merlin Annual Pass holders got a discount on entry?
I’ve not seen anything, only them on twitter saying it’s not free for MAP holders.

There’s no mention on website of it however.

DOES MY MERLIN ANNUAL PASS/MERLIN MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP ALLOW ME ENTRY INTO THE ALTON TOWERS DUNGEON?

Your Merlin Annual Pass or Merlin Monthly Membership does not give you access to the Alton Towers Dungeon.

If you are a Merlin Annual Passholder or Merlin Membership holder, then you can purchase a Dungeon Solo Ticket here

Solo ticket is £7.50 on the day or £5.00 online. So there is currently no discount for MAP

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/...-me-free-entry-into-the-Alton-Towers-Dungeon-

Last edited:
So the official line-up of the The Dungeon has been revealed on the Alton Towers Website, I have to say I'm disappointed the Great Glass Elevators aren't being used as a decent into The Dungeon. The line up is:

1 - The Judge
2 - The Black River Boat Ride
3 - The Torturer
4 - The Highway Man
5 - The Plague Doctor
6 - The Haunting of Molly Leigh (clearly Molly Crowe's long lost cousin)

Obviously the core shows of the Dungeon have been revealed for a while but this is the first time the order has been revealed. It's just a shame they're not using the simulators IMO :(

So the official line-up of the The Dungeon has been revealed on the Alton Towers Website, I have to say I'm disappointed the Great Glass Elevators aren't being used as a decent into The Dungeon. The line up is:

1 - The Judge
3 - The Torturer
4 - The Highway Man
5 - The Plague Doctor

Obviously the core shows of the Dungeon have been revealed for a while but this is the first time the order has been revealed. It's just a shame they're not using the simulators IMO :(
Maybe they'll use the lifts as a transition between two scenes? Disappointing if not. :(

1 - The Judge
3 - The Torturer
4 - The Highway Man
5 - The Plague Doctor

So at a guess the judge scene will be in the old preshow/indoor queue. Boat ride remains the same, Torturer in the old Mike Teavee area and the rest in the old lift rooms and the empty space that was never used.

I strongly suspect the Molly Leigh scene will be the same as the witch scene at Warwick.

The highway man maybe the same as the new(ish) Dick turpin scene at york?

That's also very good....along with the witches scene at Warwick

I don't think you could call any dungeon scene terrifying though!!

The witch scene at Warwick is genuinely terrifying to be fair.
Not done Warwick, but I can't imagine any Dungeons scene being more terrifying than the assylum scene at Amsterdam. (Though obviously that is nothing in the wider world of scare attractions).

I've done Warwick and I didn't find the witches scene to be very scary at all? It's only an actor in the odd persons face and that's no different to the rest of the Dungeons.