2019: Europa-Park General Discussion

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by AstroDan, 3rd Feb 2019.

1. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Phew! I should never have doubted Roland.

djtruefitt, skyscraper and venny like this.
    Posted 9th May 2019
  2. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The unbuilt Liseberg dark ride
    Roland is being interviewed in a live stream by Swiss outlet 20 Minuten today, this time in the Financial section. It has been transcribed under the live stream.

Rob likes this.
  3. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Thanks for sharing that @Rowe! I've picked out what I think are some of the more interesting questions and answers.

Do Swiss customers spend more money in the park than Germans or French?

Difficult, but we've also done exclusive openings with the Migros. Since it has been shown that Switzerland is a bit more generous than the Germans or the French. The Swiss often associates the visit with overnight stays. 83 percent of guests in hotels are Swiss. She is the largest customer group.

--

Elena, Zurich (is regularly in the Europapark): The tracks have become a bit boring for adults during regular visits. When is a new, big roller coaster planned?

You also have to ask, how old are the guests. We are a family park. We do not want tears to be in the eyes of children who do not dare or are too small for the superlane. There is always a tough fight between the family offers and the big kick. The next spectacular roller coaster will be there in the next few years. We have been drawing and planning for a long time now. But also the new water park Rulantica will expand the family offer. The trappings of such new offers are more expensive than the driving systems themselves.

--

I assume that you look at the frequency of visitors every day. Are you feeling restless when there are not many people in the park three days in a row?

Sure, we have a business pressure with over 4000 employees and high investments. But we always look at the numbers, luckily it's been going well so far. I look at the numbers after two minutes after opening. I have a program that can give me very accurate forecasts for the day shortly after opening.

--

Pete, Affoltern: Will it soon be possible to reserve a seat for a train via the app instead of simply standing in line?

Of course we are full in the new technology. My luck: One of my sons is very knowledgeable. We already have a ticket system that can reduce the waiting time. An app will offer us many opportunities to offer an individual offer.

--

Christoph, Olten: How are the waiting times calculated?

The simplest principle is that we remember one person in one place and the employees observe that person. The time is then entered into the computer. We invested a lot in the waiting areas. But the aim is that the guest does not have to wait over half an hour. This is usually accepted by customers and that does not lead to negative comments. And we usually do that. Hardly any other park can do that.

The fact that 83% of hotel guests are Swiss was a surprise, I really did not expect that. Although it is no surprise to hear it suggested that they contribute a lot towards the overall income.

4. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

That statistic just doesn’t sound correct. Perhaps there’s something lost in translation and it’s actually that 83% of Swiss visitors stay overnight?

Rob and Charlie Newbold like this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.