2019: Europa-Park General Discussion

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by AstroDan, 3rd Feb 2019.

1. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Phew! I should never have doubted Roland.

Posted 9th May 2019
  2. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The unbuilt Liseberg dark ride
    Roland is being interviewed in a live stream by Swiss outlet 20 Minuten today, this time in the Financial section. It has been transcribed under the live stream.

Rob likes this.
  3. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Thanks for sharing that @Rowe! I've picked out what I think are some of the more interesting questions and answers.

Do Swiss customers spend more money in the park than Germans or French?

Difficult, but we've also done exclusive openings with the Migros. Since it has been shown that Switzerland is a bit more generous than the Germans or the French. The Swiss often associates the visit with overnight stays. 83 percent of guests in hotels are Swiss. She is the largest customer group.

--

Elena, Zurich (is regularly in the Europapark): The tracks have become a bit boring for adults during regular visits. When is a new, big roller coaster planned?

You also have to ask, how old are the guests. We are a family park. We do not want tears to be in the eyes of children who do not dare or are too small for the superlane. There is always a tough fight between the family offers and the big kick. The next spectacular roller coaster will be there in the next few years. We have been drawing and planning for a long time now. But also the new water park Rulantica will expand the family offer. The trappings of such new offers are more expensive than the driving systems themselves.

--

I assume that you look at the frequency of visitors every day. Are you feeling restless when there are not many people in the park three days in a row?

Sure, we have a business pressure with over 4000 employees and high investments. But we always look at the numbers, luckily it's been going well so far. I look at the numbers after two minutes after opening. I have a program that can give me very accurate forecasts for the day shortly after opening.

--

Pete, Affoltern: Will it soon be possible to reserve a seat for a train via the app instead of simply standing in line?

Of course we are full in the new technology. My luck: One of my sons is very knowledgeable. We already have a ticket system that can reduce the waiting time. An app will offer us many opportunities to offer an individual offer.

--

Christoph, Olten: How are the waiting times calculated?

The simplest principle is that we remember one person in one place and the employees observe that person. The time is then entered into the computer. We invested a lot in the waiting areas. But the aim is that the guest does not have to wait over half an hour. This is usually accepted by customers and that does not lead to negative comments. And we usually do that. Hardly any other park can do that.

The fact that 83% of hotel guests are Swiss was a surprise, I really did not expect that. Although it is no surprise to hear it suggested that they contribute a lot towards the overall income.

Islander likes this.
  4. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

That statistic just doesn’t sound correct. Perhaps there’s something lost in translation and it’s actually that 83% of Swiss visitors stay overnight?

Rob and Charlie Newbold like this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

6. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Robert Jones, djtruefitt and GeorgeT like this.
  7. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

Is the Early Ride Time just for Hotel Guests or for all?

8. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    There are two types. The above list is hotel ERT accessed via the hotel entrance in Spain.

Regular guests can however get in via the main entrance at 8.30am and Voletarium is open. At weekends and holiday periods, Volo da Vinci, Piccolo Mondo and Geisterschloss will also open. Then, a rope drop takes place at 9.00am to access the rest of the park.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

9. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    A documentary about Roland Mack has recently aired in Germany (it was filmed at the end of the 2017 season) and has been posted on YouTube. The subtitle translation is not great however it is still worth a watch:

What a lovely home they have in the Black Forest!

Mer, IanB, Matt N and 1 other person like this.
  10. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

Can’t seem to see English subtitles?

11. GeorgeT

GeorgeT TowersStreet Member

Just click on the button while on youtube that`s on the left of the little (red) HD-button! It`s in the area where you can also choose the video-quality :)

12. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The unbuilt Liseberg dark ride
    Michael Mack has made a blog post answering Twitter follower questions. I like this vague piece of classic Mack waffling.

Matt N and Rob like this.
  13. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I also like:

Fans: Will there be a new movie in the "Voletarium" soon?

Michael Mack: That's a great idea!

When he knows full well they've started filming a new one!

14. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

Does Voletarium need a new film? It's not really a ride that you keep replacing the film on. It's only been open a few years.

15. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Since when did Europa-Park only do things when they are needed? ;)

I love the Voletarium film and am in no hurry to see it replaced/updated, but I suspect we will see something within the next couple of years.

Burbs and Rowe like this.
  16. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    Just look at their 4D cinema, last I checked it was 3 in-house films, multiple IP films and it doubles as an actual cinema.

Then again Legoland have a new film roughly every 1-2 years so I guess it's not that unusual.

17. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    I think a new film could be expected in Voletarium every 5 years.

I like the film, but occasionally revisiting it may help with ridership.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

18. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Didn't know this! Any more details? :)

Posted 3rd Aug 2019
  19. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Not really, but one of the various Twitter accounts linked to EP posted a photo of the helicopter out filming again earlier this year.

GeorgeT and Sam like this.
    Posted 3rd Aug 2019
  20. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

It's great that Merlin regularly produce new films for their Lego 4D cinemas, and they are usually well made and a lot of fun with some decent gags. However, there are currently 8 Legolands and 22 Lego Discovery Centres, so each time they produce a film it's for 30 different 4D cinemas. Given that the Discovery Centres are small with a limited number of attractions, I expect it's particularly important for them to regularly show new films. It's very unusual for an individual theme park to have a film produced just for it, and I haven't heard of another theme park doing it so frequently and to such a high standard. In this case, I think what Europa Park are doing really is exceptional.

Tim and Charlie Newbold like this.
    Posted 4th Aug 2019