• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just a random bit of trivia I found interesting @Kraken27, the areas you've named 2 & 4 were once part of the same massive extension, getting up close to the stall turn and taking you right round to the other side of the loop, giving the highest view over the quarry and under the lift. Kool!

Must have been painful to have queued for so long (with that disused first extension / Sub Terra area) to finally get right next to the station, only to go right past it and add another hour-ish!

At some point Area 3 was joined round the back to Area 2 instead and I guess the stretch past the stall turn separated (then built over by Air). Im sure Area 3 hasn't been used for years but you could still walk down the part under the lift.

As of this year, the final extension has been substantially shortened after being out of use entirely last season.
Do you know which bit this is that got cut?

Last edited:
Adding to the Nemesis queue discussion, I've heard the section of queue to the left of the entrance as far as the top of the steps referred to something like 2a in the past, not sure if that was ever used officially.
When you opened the area 2 rack the top of the steps was notorious for people jumping over the fence, so maybe this was an unofficial term for this section.

Lots of fun could be had by standing just out of sight and then suddenly appearing and asking the perpetrator(s) to get back down!

There's a gate there now so you can just go to the top of the steps and back rather than use the full loop, not sure when that was added.

The closed section (of area 3?) is visible from the top of the lift, there's a new fence and gate blocking off the section that goes round the top of the pit past the loop.

Shame the section by the stalled turn can’t be used anymore. I saw an old queue line photo, from this site recently of the view from it looking down from the top of the turn and the views must’ve been great. Especially seeing how close the train would’ve flung towards you and back down.

Shame the section by the stalled turn can’t be used anymore. I saw an old queue line photo, from this site recently of the view from it looking down from the top of the turn and the views must’ve been great. Especially seeing how close the train would’ve flung towards you and back down.

If it was still in use today the view would look something like this.

BO3BSqf.jpg

When you opened the area 2 rack the top of the steps was notorious for people jumping over the fence, so maybe this was an unofficial term for this section.

Lots of fun could be had by standing just out of sight and then suddenly appearing and asking the perpetrator(s) to get back down!

That's nothing. I have seen someone climb up the outside of the Nemesis queueline from under the station entrance [before the steps] to the station entrance. Yes, climbing up the "pit" side of the fence, so one let-go would be a nice fall.

Boy did it kick off. Suffice it to say the guest played the race-card & they were extremely distinctively dressed, so it was 99.99% certain all the reports of queue jumping from guests were true. Plus I had witnessed it as a staff member too.

Forget to say, great job today by the Smiler team. Dave and crew as efficient and fun as always.

Didn't have the best start to the day though, ride opened late, due to a large amount of vomit on the entry stairs. It was cleaned up, then the ride malfunctioned and had to be rebooted. After that, they were banging out trains at a great rate.

Nemesis, massively busy, but queue was moving quick.

They're missing Wickerman for sure with queues very big on Smiler and Nemesis.

Merlin entertainment are gone having been brought by a business group Kirkbi who are owned by Legos owners.

The Kirkbi group are planning to take the merlin company private.
Hopefully Nick Varney will be the first casualty of the takeover...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48797245

Could not agree more. Hopefully the new Danish bosses will take a look at Tivoli Gardens (Copenhagen) for inspiration. It is Tivoli that inspired a certain Walt Disney to build his theme parks.

Tivoli, whilst being a small park has an excellent ride mix (when considering the size of the place) and also excellent food & beverage offerings. Ride operations are good and it's open late into the evening - obviously helped by it's very central Copenhagen location.

Just a heads up, this is being discussed over in this thread in European Parks and Attractions. We don't want the same discussion in two places so any further posts on the takeover can be made in that thread.

Thanks!

Cheers Rob, agreed for further discussion please head over to the above link.

Just thought this could also do with being posted here as it will (hopefully) have a major impact on the future of the park.

Reactions: Rob
Seems busy for a weekday! However, I do think these will get lower once Wicker Man and Nemesis reopen, as from my experience, these two are two of the higher throughput major rides; would I be correct in saying this?

On a side note, wonder why Nemesis is down? I know why Wicker Man's down, but I wonder what's playing up with Nemesis?

Today is somewhat shambolic. The number of coaches is absolutely eye watering. That's a pretty impressive recovery of that market.

Ride closing shifted to 6pm.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.