2019: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WL18, 4th Nov 2018.

1. Matt878787

Matt878787 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I’ll go full on tree hugger and chain myself to the helix before they try and knock it down, send supplies

2. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

How dare they even put nemesis in the same category. It's blasphomy them even considering removing it.

3. Mikw

Mikw TowersStreet Member

Well, please fill in the survey next time you're there. I only did it because i was too hot and needed to cool off in The Smiler shop.

I guess it makes sense, Rita isn't a secret weapon, and Nemesis is the oldest one that's had a fair bit of downtime lasy year and this.

I'm not sure if any enthusiasts fill in the tablets but i think it's worth doing it. Last year there was a question about "Would you like to see a year round scare atrraction?, and the Dungeons arrived this year

4. Ethan

Well if it is to do with potential site for next sw then sadly it'll be nemesis. Despite us enthusiasts much preferring it, the gp seem to like rita

5. Ethan

They have land so they should use it. They can't just use land they've already built on as that would mean every new SW would replace an old one. If they have to tho then definitely replace Rita

6. Mikw

Mikw TowersStreet Member

Planning permission is a big problem for them. Thirteen, The Smiler and Wickerman have all been built on sites of former favourite rides because it's easier to get permission for, I'd rather it was on the Rita site though

skyscraper likes this.
  7. Ethan

What year are we likely to see SW9? 2022 ish?

skyscraper likes this.
  8. elliott

elliott TowersStreet Member

I agree, but sadly they do this because if they added a new ride that would mean extra staff to employ. If Rita is removed I hope we would get a launch coaster like it that isn’t just a boring layout. But if nemesis goes that’s a big hole to fill.

Although there were talks last time of SW 8 being located in forbidden valley.

skyscraper likes this.
  9. Stuie

Stuie TowersStreet Member

It’s brilliant... didn’t even realise until I was a good way through reading it!

10. Mikw

Mikw TowersStreet Member

I would guess so. The success of the Wickerman will probably help

11. Mikw

Mikw TowersStreet Member

After yesterday's newspaper drama good to see The Smiler opening on schedule today.

Nemesis and Wickerman too

12. Ethan

So if they're thinking about the site for nemesis or rita then either ride might not have long left

13. Stuie

Stuie TowersStreet Member

Nothing is going to happen to Nemesis.

It's not even worth worrying your mind about this!

Joel3 likes this.
  14. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Let's try and keep this thread broadly on topic (yes, I know it is general discussion) rather than wild unfounded speculation about the removal of Nemesis due to a little bit of downtime.

Matt N likes this.
  15. pj

pj TowersStreet Member

Would they have done the paint job if they were gonna remove it so soon after?

ETA sorry Rob I posted before I read your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. kydog1299

kydog1299 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Would they repaint CCL and the Ice Age Theatre if it’s just going to be replaced and re-themed potentially next year?

Merlin Magic Making and the parks’ internal management responsible for the TLC campaign are probably not in contact over next developments until things are finalised.

ringo likes this.
  17. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

Paint job wouldn’t have any sway. The result of the survey Rita v Nemesis will already have been decided before the question was asked.

It’s extremely unlikely Nemesis will be going anywhere, it’s what the park is famous for and you would assume they’ll throw money at it if it’s needed.

18. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I think Nick Varney actually said in a Q&A something along the lines of "I don't think we'll ever remove Nemesis", so I think it's safe for quite some time yet!

19. John C

John C TowersStreet Member

Good to see Enterprise running again.

Matt N likes this.
  20. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

Wasn't it him and John Wardley that sat in the office drinking whiskey and didn't leave until they came up with a name?

Matt N likes this.