• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wasn't it him and John Wardley that sat in the office drinking whiskey and didn't leave until they came up with a name?
That was another thing he said, but I could have sworn he said something along those lines at a Q&A once; I think it was at TowersTimes' Nemesis@21 event?

Wasn't it him and John Wardley that sat in the office drinking whiskey and didn't leave until they came up with a name?
Pretty much, yeah. According to John's autobiography, it was a bottle of Southern Comfort that he drunk with Nick Varney until they came up with Nemmy's name.

The media will do anything to drain the smiler's popularity. Weird how it's still the most popular despite what happened.

The media will do anything to drain the smiler's popularity. Weird how it's still the most popular despite what happened.

I wont ride smiler. But even I know it's safe and to be honest watching it go round in x sector is pretty awesome

iu

Where's "Hi my name's Francis Jackson, I'm operations director at alton towers resort" ?

He usually does a 'why rides stop' video when something like yesterday happens.

I don’t think they have done those since 2017, not even sure if he is around anymore.

These types of stories have massively reduced in the last couple of seasons, shame this one seems to have been widely picked up.

The Smiler 'incident' has just been featured on BBC Midlands today on the telly. There is just very very little integrity or proper research in most journalism these days. Of course they spent most of the segment talking about the crash a few years ago. Absolutely pathetic.

Edit - Just realised that I accidentally double posted. Sorry :eek:

why not? It's completely safe and good fun. Trust me it's nowhere near as bad as it looks.

I know it's safe. I could have done it for the cred last year. It's my personal preference to not ride it as it doesnt appeal to me. Just as I refuse to ride Galactica because I dont like the restraints. And feeling like I'm gonna fall out all the way round.

Funny though that no one clearly cares as it's still the most popular ride no matter what the media write about

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.