• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Let's try and keep this thread broadly on topic (yes, I know it is general discussion) rather than wild unfounded speculation about the removal of Nemesis due to a little bit of downtime.
It was largely because of a question on the survey tablets in the shop

Mid year price hikes again!!! All for it if that £2 gets put towards a revamp of monorail and park entrance. But I doubht that will happen.

The Smiler 'incident' has just been featured on BBC Midlands today on the telly. There is just very very little integrity or proper research in most journalism these days. Of course they spent most of the segment talking about the crash a few years ago. Absolutely pathetic.

Edit - Just realised that I accidentally double posted. Sorry :eek:

The issue is geeks keep posting angry comments on the news stories, this then shows high engagement for the story which increases add revenue. If people stopped reacting to the stories on social media they would stop writing them.

Last night in my local's weekly smartphone quiz, there was the following question:

Which Alton Towers roller coaster stranded guests 100ft in the air earlier this week?
Nemesis | Oblivion | The Smiler | Rita

All fifteen teams got it right...

Last night in my local's weekly smartphone quiz, there was the following question:

Which Alton Towers roller coaster stranded guests 100ft in the air earlier this week?
Nemesis | Oblivion | The Smiler | Rita

All fifteen teams got it right...
It's the only ride that gets in the news for these sort things. Nemesis and galactica have stopped on the lift recently and the media haven't said anything about that

It's the only ride that gets in the news for these sort things. Nemesis and galactica have stopped on the lift recently and the media haven't said anything about that
Almost as if an automated shut down on The Smiler once had horrendous consequences, or something.

£58 still represents pretty amazing value for a season pass. 3 visits and you are paying under £20 per ticket which is really excellent value for money.
The season passes remain at £56 and £70 respectively.

So it is cheaper to purchase a season pass than a day ticket?

I would rather they raised the gate price slightly in exchange to scrapping the parking fee.

The discrepancy makes slightly more sense if you consider that BOGOF won't apply to season passes, only the 1 day rate.

Do you think people would support an increased ticket price if parking, the dungeons, golf, waterpark, spa and tree top quest were all included?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.