• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On the way to Wicker Man, did Hex which had an interesting change. At the end of the Octagon show, just as the generator starts up, a ride op came to the top of the exit stairs in full "restoration gear" with a torch and hard hat and ushered us through to the vault, from memory I think he was a bit in character too. At first I thought it was an evacuation or there was an ongoing technical fault with the show but as we left it sounded like it completed as normal, so whether a new thing or just the ride op being eager and keen, I don't know.
They started doing that this season. I don't know why they decided to change it after 19 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They started doing that this season. I don't know why they decided to change it after 19 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Because the ride team finally flipped after 19 years of people standing around looking like gormless dumplings after the video finishes until someone pipes up "ooh do you think we should go through the entrance that opened?", "yeah, bright idea Susan"

They never did it in April so that's what made me think it was new.

Mind you, I have often thought sometimes that the bookcase curtain opening and it lighting up (but not very brightly), along with the voiceover not specifically saying "please proceed to the vault" is a little too subtle. Back in 2000 people knew what do do but now in this era of everyone wrapped in cotton wool and having to be told what to do before they do it, I can understand the change!

Maybe all it needs is a brighter light lighting up the opening making it more obvious that you need to go that way?

They never did it in April so that's what made me think it was new.

Mind you, I have often thought sometimes that the bookcase curtain opening and it lighting up (but not very brightly), along with the voiceover not specifically saying "please proceed to the vault" is a little too subtle. Back in 2000 people knew what do do but now in this era of everyone wrapped in cotton wool and having to be told what to do before they do it, I can understand the change!
Well that's complete bull, people have always been unsure when to move since the ride opened.

Reactions: D4n
Well that's complete bull, people have always been unsure when to move since the ride opened.
I disagree, there have always been people in there every time I've been on it that knew what to do, even in the early days of the ride

That's not to say there aren't times when people don't know what to do. But if people have always been unsure since the ride opened as you say, why has it taken 19 years to make this change?

Last edited:
Oh bless you sweet-hearted people, please go work at a tourist attraction for a while to gain an understanding of just how stupid a group of people are. :tearsofjoy:
Individuals - some are very smart
Groups - unanimously stupid

Whenever I've been through Hex since it was about 2 years old people have always known to go through, but they've always hesitated.

I can imagine there've been some times when just nobody moves and the operator resorts to using the PA, but I seem to remember the original lighting being more obvious, coming up on the curtain.

You would perhaps want to make it more clear, like seeing the set behind the curtain slowly light up so that you can see there's a route forward. But you wouldnt want to change the voiceover or the feeling of apprehension 'should we go through into the unknown..?' The curtain rising and deep voice, "A vault sealed for two centuries..." is one of the best moments in the whole thing!

I think Hex is much better than most other madhouses because of the complete lack of staff hanging around (until the vault), you're just seemingly on your own going through the Towers. No hokey actors or anything

Probably because, despite the first thing they tell you in Towers staff training is "Guests leave their brains in their cars / on their coaches when they enter the park", Management have finally realised.

Edit: I could add that some staff thought a lot of management left their brains in their cars too!

Last edited:
wvr6nptjMd9tacDn7

I hope that this is a mistake
Edit: trying to fix the photo error

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.