• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I asked that question because I have seen Towers and other parks get a lot of hate on social media about up-charges however in practice, everything in one price likely wouldn't work

Is it just me, or is Merlin price strategy across all attractions and MAPS are so complex? I don't see such complicated price structure at any other attractions. You need to have a high IQ in maths to workout what is the best value ticket.

Do you think people would support an increased ticket price if parking, the dungeons, golf, waterpark, spa and tree top quest were all included?

Certainly yes...

...however I do feel parking and dungeons both should be free regardless of gate prices (but that is another debate) .

However I do not have a problem with the golf, waterpark, spa and tree top quest having an up-charge due to the low capacity. However these could be free or discounted to resort hotel guest.

Why not?

I've never been a fan of attractions charging for parking, especially when the attraction is in the middle of nowhere and public transport is limited.

Instead of charging £6 per car, add an extra £1 to the gate ticket. Save money on parking attendants and having to replacing those automatic barriers on non alcohol Sundays o_O

Is it just me, or is Merlin price strategy across all attractions and MAPS are so complex? I don't see such complicated price structure at any other attractions. You need to have a high IQ in maths to workout what is the best value ticket.

Six Flags say hello! With their day tickets, season passes and memberships it is rather confusing to know what to get.

Why not?

I've never been a fan of attractions charging for parking, especially when the attraction is in the middle of nowhere and public transport is limited.

Instead of charging £6 per car, add an extra £1 to the gate ticket. Save money on parking attendants and having to replacing those automatic barriers on non alcohol Sundays o_O

I see you point about reducing the cost of operating the parking barriers, but you'd still be paying for parking one way or another, integrated or not.

It would be interesting to see a new study on which way people find better value for money though, as I do think paying for parking can leave a sour taste in the mouth, especially if its the last thing you do in the day.

Technically, as a PMAP holder my parking charges are already included in my ticket. I find it to be convenient, as well as good value for the frequency I visit the parks.

Six Flags say hello! With their day tickets, season passes and memberships it is rather confusing to know what to get.

When do I ever visit the USA? and certainly won't be in the foreseeable future :D

I see you point about reducing the cost of operating the parking barriers, but you'd still be paying for parking one way or another, integrated or not.

It would be interesting to see a new study on which way people find better value for money though, as I do think paying for parking can leave a sour taste in the mouth, especially if its the last thing you do in the day.

Technically, as a PMAP holder my parking charges are already included in my ticket. I find it to be convenient, as well as good value for the frequency I visit the parks.

Parking is just a hidden up charge that's not clear on the website unless you actively search for it. The hassle of queuing to obtain a parking ticket, then the congestion of getting out through the barriers. I don't pay for parking, but I still don't agree with it.

At AT on Thursday... Years since I've been during the 6 week's holiday. I've never had a day at AT that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed, but this will be the ultimate test.

I'm so excited...

Nemmie, Blivvy, Smiler, Galactica, Thirteen, Rapids, Duel, Hex, Skydive, Rita...

Ok, not Rita, I hate her, but seriously... This 48 year old is more excited than any kid.

Is that weird?

At AT on Thursday... Years since I've been during the 6 week's holiday. I've never had a day at AT that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed, but this will be the ultimate test.

I'm so excited...

Nemmie, Blivvy, Smiler, Galactica, Thirteen, Rapids, Duel, Hex, Skydive, Rita...

Ok, not Rita, I hate her, but seriously... This 48 year old is more excited than any kid.

Is that weird?

You don’t have to be weird to post here but it helps! Don’t forget Wickerman. Hope your day lives up to expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm so excited...

Is that weird?

Not at all! I'm 46 soon and still love the place!

I'm 45, my daughter's 21 and we love the place. We're doing the fireworks weekend with the rest of the family and my mum can't wait to get back on Oblivion - she's 76!
If Alton had any brains they would be onto your family for some great marketing opportunities. The stories you could tell! Authentism is the current buzz word and a marketing campaign around your family would be epic!! Alton get in touch if you read this.. I work in video and brand marketing!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.