• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is anyone else finding that ride times across the resort are super unreliable nowadays? We got in the Smiler queue yesterday and it had a 100 minute time posted. It actually took almost 3 hours for us to get on. Same issue with Wickerman, it said 60 minutes but in reality it was almost 2 hours. Very disappointing day yesterday.

Re ride times, very difficult to judge accurately as there are so many factors at work here, i.e. weather, breakdowns, guest stoppages etc. I would guess many people dont use the app and those which do maybe dont use bluetooth so the queue times can be more accurate. I guess some of us can estimate the queue from where it is and no doubt may ride hosts do the same, but it will rarely be 100% accurate.

Is anyone else finding that ride times across the resort are super unreliable nowadays? We got in the Smiler queue yesterday and it had a 100 minute time posted. It actually took almost 3 hours for us to get on. Same issue with Wickerman, it said 60 minutes but in reality it was almost 2 hours. Very disappointing day yesterday.

I guess on a day like yesterday with poor ride availability they end up handing out priority passes like sweets which heavily impacts the fastrack queues for the other rides. In turn this messes with the usual estimations made by the ride teams as to how long a queue is.

This is the irony about ridetimes.

Some people seem to follow it religiously when they're not at the park, but when i've try to use it at AT I found about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I swear they just make it up on rides such as the Rapids and RMT.

Current ride times is an great example of this, check out Oblivion queue time, obviously a typing error, probably should read 48 minutes not 480 minutes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

GZxEJhw.jpg

Current ride times is an great example of this, check out Oblivion queue time, obviously a typing error, probably should read 48 minutes not 480 minutes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

GZxEJhw.jpg
They're running a single seat on a single shuttle with a single member of staff to save money :rolleyes:

Yesterday was an awful day for the park, from start to finish.

Monorail closed so had to walk, no idea when it opened.

Spinball, Smiler and Oblivion all opened late. Smiler must have been about 11.30 with Oblivion being even later. This lead to dark forest having longer queues than usual.

No idea what’s happening with Rita but the operations were dire, they weren’t even opening the air gates until the other train was back in to the break run, there just wasn’t any urgency what so ever.

Elsewhere I experienced breakdowns on Galactica for a good 30 minutes and Oblivion for another 30-40 minutes. Add to that TH13TEEN closing early it meant all rides had long queues.

I actually went to the box office to collect some FT from a previous issue and had to queue 45 minutes. Half the tills were unmanned and again there was no organisation. It makes me laugh cause every time anyone had an issue the staff member has to go to the back to ask the manager. Then they return, very rarely did the managers ever actually appear front of house. Surely you should just give your staff some responsibility, or the manager should be out the front.

Finally fastrack queues across the park were massive, the Rita fastrack queue was out the entrance, which was about 30 minutes. The smiler FT was heading towards the bit where the single/disabled/FT queue splits. Again probably 30 minutes or so.

Not helped by the fact 13 was closed and other rides kept closing.

I wen guest services at the end of the day, who didn’t seem particularly interested. Again after the staff member went to the back they decided they could offer me one fastrack for a future visit. Was hardly worth even giving the feedback.

It very much felt the park was understaffed in areas, Fried chicken had two out of the six tills open with one staff member sorting the meals out. Meaning the queue was to the door, when it could have been nothing with a few more staff.

With only that short clip to go by that looks like it's been pushed out of it's frame with some force. I'd say whatever fixes the window into the frame is meant to be inside that deep grove. So I think that has been kicked open or pushed with some force by a lovely member of public.

To jump to conclusions and blame Towers' H&S procedures is a little unfair because this could've happened on the immediately previous journey and no-one noticed or reported it. That said, if it happened the day before and got missed on the daily checks then that's a different story.

With only that short clip to go by that looks like it's been pushed out of it's frame with some force. I'd say whatever fixes the window into the frame is meant to be inside that deep grove. So I think that has been kicked open or pushed with some force by a lovely member of public.
I wonder if it was on one of the family friendly days...

New to this forum - hi!
At Alton Towers today for our last visit of the season and so far it's overwhelmingly poor.
Went on Duel and my sister's blaster didn't work full stop, half the figures that pop out at you didn't, the bats weren't spinning and the the trommel is of course, still broken.
Queued for Nemesis in an advertised 45 minute queue, waited 70 minutes. But we saw trains going around with pairs of seats left empty, in two cases a whole row was left empty. An extra staff member might be necessary there to make sure as many seats as possible are filled cos with the queue times today, it's not great to see loads of empty seats going round.
Currently queueing for Galactica, and have been for an hour (advertised 60 minute queue). The ride went down 45 minutes ago and the generic announcement was played then the operator made an announcement over loudspeaker. This is fine, but after that there has been zero correspondence from ride staff to tell us what is going on.
Really hoping a night ride on Wickerman will soften the blow of what's gone on today I know it's all nit-picky but for a park that is "second only to Disney" it's poor for all those effects on Duel to be broken.

New to this forum - hi!
At Alton Towers today for our last visit of the season and so far it's overwhelmingly poor.
Went on Duel and my sister's blaster didn't work full stop, half the figures that pop out at you didn't, the bats weren't spinning and the the trommel is of course, still broken.
Queued for Nemesis in an advertised 45 minute queue, waited 70 minutes. But we saw trains going around with pairs of seats left empty, in two cases a whole row was left empty. An extra staff member might be necessary there to make sure as many seats as possible are filled cos with the queue times today, it's not great to see loads of empty seats going round.
Currently queueing for Galactica, and have been for an hour (advertised 60 minute queue). The ride went down 45 minutes ago and the generic announcement was played then the operator made an announcement over loudspeaker. This is fine, but after that there has been zero correspondence from ride staff to tell us what is going on.
Really hoping a night ride on Wickerman will soften the blow of what's gone on today I know it's all nit-picky but for a park that is "second only to Disney" it's poor for all those effects on Duel to be broken.
Welcome to the forum. I can tell your going to fit in here :D

New to this forum - hi!
You think your day is going bad?! I paid £10 for wicker man fastrack to get on it for my first time in the dark, only to lose it and be told I can't get a replacement fastrack

You think your day is going bad?! I paid £10 for wicker man fastrack to get on it for my first time in the dark, only to lose it and be told I can't get a replacement fastrack

To be fair, it is not the park's fault if you lose a ticket of any sorts. Why should they give you a replacement? If they did then people could claim to lose them all of the time just to get extra fastracks!

In future buy the fastrack as an e-ticket via the app. That way it’s on your phone and you can’t lose it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.