• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well it’s interesting to note that Splash Landings is one of Alton Towers priorities in improving guest experience this year. I guess the room refurbs are probably part of this initiative to improve guest experience at the hotel... maybe they’re actually going to try and bring it back up to the standard that you would expect with the price you have to pay...

DzSszoTWwAAPGHQ

It’s worth noting that Splash gets a 3.5 star rating on Trip Advisor whilst every other aspect of the resort (hotel, Village, theme park, waterpark) are 4 stars.

I guess they want that upped. At least they are addressing it. Fingers crossed it’s done properly.

They could start by bringing the full breakfast back and returning Flambos to a world buffet instead of Pizza Pasta.

Getting grief from a mate about half term dates.
Locally round here, west of the pennines, most schools are off next week.
East the schools are off the week after, or at least some are.
Anyone got different dates?

Anyone noticed that when looking at the hotel booking now on the website that splash landings comes up as a "premium hotel"

Lol. Yeah you pay a premium but get not a lot in return
I suspect HX screwed up, they even for a short while showed the sheds as premium.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

But didn't you read Ian Crabbe's post? Everyone in the UK will be spending twice as much money this year visiting Alton Towers because of Brexit*

* or maybe they won't

What a load of rubbish !! UBS issued a warning in January to improve customer experience and what do Merlin and AT do ? NOT improve line up!! No NST or Toadstool I'm afraid an upcharge dungeons isn't going to cut it! I'm afraid if they think brittons are just going to spent thever "billions" they are seriously mistaken!

I suspect Toadstool isn’t in a fit state to reopen. The thing was struggling in 2015 and people I know who operated it said the ride was a real problem and needed work doing.

Then it was left out in the open air unused for 2 seasons.

Just a guess.

Was looking pretty rotten by the end of last season if you looked through the fence, certainly it would need a lot more money spending on it now, than if they spent the money 3 years ago.

I think they'll give it another year to rot before they look at its reinstatement. After all, it would then perfectly complement the apocalyptic look the park seems to be falling into to match the Dungeons, the prison camp next to the Enchanted Village and the new prison cage on Ripsaw's graveyard.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.