• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They are extending Scarefest, extending the season and adding an extra night to Fireworks and moving people’s hotel bookings at no cost.

Come on, I like a good moan but this is good news.

They are adding things instead of cutting them. I almost forgot what that was like.

Just spoken to AT Holidays, and they are moving people who have booked before today over to the new weekend... no extra charge
get on the phone now !
01303 490007 :)

Did they actually change your booking on the phone?

They took my details and told me the hotel themselves will be changing it and i'll get an email at some point

But looking on the MAP facebook some people are saying they booked again for the same price and they refunded the first booking over the phone:confused:

They are extending Scarefest, extending the season and adding an extra night to Fireworks and moving people’s hotel bookings at no cost.

They are adding things instead of cutting them. I almost forgot what that was like.
As I said, yes it’s great news they’ve added but what happens to those who’ve booked off site?

Some may have booked in good faith with the published opening calendar and may find those stays are non refundable / non amended

These were the published dates, people would assume the last weekend where it’s open would be as traditional Fireworks weekend.

ouuuee.jpg

Last edited:
Did they actually change your booking on the phone?

They took my details and told me the hotel themselves will be changing it and i'll get an email at some point

But looking on the MAP facebook some people are saying they booked again for the same price and they refunded the first booking over the phone:confused:
same here as the new dates were double what I originally paid , waiting till the new booking ref comes through now .
had to change to enchanted village as apparently ATH is closed on Fireworks Saturday 9th , booked out for a conference I was told o_O

same here as the new dates were double what I originally paid , waiting till the new booking ref comes through now .
had to change to enchanted village as apparently ATH is closed on Fireworks Saturday 9th , booked out for a conference I was told o_O

Yeah i've had a phone call saying i've been changed to the enchanted village too as i'd asked for a move from ATH

Moved from sunday to the saturday too so all's well that ends well

I reckon some people could lose out on the night they want though if ATH is closed on the saturday

Oh don't get me wrong, this is good news. However they could have gone for an alternative which may have involved less faff.

It's still great they've brought back the Friday fireworks regardless.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I just came back from a day trip to AT, here's a little update for you.

First thing I noticed was that the katanga canyon entrance to mutiny bay was missing its MB sign, it was just an empty frame, I also went on Wickerman and it was noticeably rougher and slower than last year AND the flames weren't working.

Over in katanga canyon the Rapids were open with the new boats but the waterfalls were still turned off I also ate at pizza and pasta where they also had FREE ICE CREAM!

In Duel, there is a new portrate in Emily's room and the lighting in the1st part of the ride (up until the trommel) seems slightly improved.

In Forbiden Valley, the Galactica portal seemed to only activate every 3rd train which was weird and the Rollercoaster Restaurant was so bad that the door was activly fighting people who tried to open It (I didn't eat there, just peeked inside)

I sadly, didn't get to go up near X Sector or the towers but according to the app, Hex was closed all day.

Anyway sorry if this is poorly formatted, I'm typing this with the wrong hand while eating.

The season extension is excellent news; well done Towers! Certainly shows a promising sign of how the park is doing, as that is now exactly the same as it was in 2013!

Brilliant news on the Fireworks moving!! It would be nice to also see the Adrenaline week back too! That was a nice little event.

Alton Towers extend season and bring back the Friday night of fireworks that everyone has been asking for. People still find reason to complain. Classic! :tearsofjoy:

I understand that it is frustrating if you have things booked already, but I’m sure they will move bookings free of charge. I can’t imagine that many people had booked this far in advance anyway.

Already looking forward to the Friday night though, I’ve really missed that the last couple of years!

Alton Towers extend season and bring back the Friday night of fireworks that everyone has been asking for. People still find reason to complain. Classic! :tearsofjoy:

I understand that it is frustrating if you have things booked already, but I’m sure they will move bookings free of charge. I can’t imagine that many people had booked this far in advance anyway.

Already looking forward to the Friday night though, I’ve really missed that the last couple of years!

We are a nation of moaners, the British would not be well, British, if we did not complain at least 50 times a week.

This is great news however, good to see things improving.

If you booked a room despite the fact Alton Towers had not stated their event dates, then complain that you buggered up when they did confirm then I’m sorry but you are a moron.

The calendar was showing the park closed after November 3rd so I think it was ok to presume that was fireworks weekend to be honest

And judging by how long we was kept on hold when ringing to sort it I'd say a hell of a lot of people had booked

I'm not sure anybody actually moaned did they?

Alton towers were great about it and are moving bookings free of charge... which is not something they normally do as bookings aren't amendable so I'd say that weekend was 100% planned to be fireworks originally

If you booked a room despite the fact Alton Towers had not stated their event dates, then complain that you buggered up when they did confirm then I’m sorry but you are a moron.
The parks website may not have said it's fireworks, holiday extras confurmed it was fireworks hence the fireworks package being offered.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

The parks website may not have said it's fireworks, holiday extras confurmed it was fireworks hence the fireworks package being offered.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Holiday extras are not Alton Towers! As has been proven, as Alton did indeed change the dates before officially saying anything.

When I rang holiday extras, I must have been one of the first as they didn’t know anything about the date change first.
I was put on hold for ages whille they went away to confirm what was happing and what to do.
They were very stressed and at the end of the call we had a bit of banter about how stressed and busy she sounded. She mentioned “ yea we have about 200 people in the phone queue at the moment “
:eek:

And who ever said we were morons for booking early
I looked at open times and it shows 2/3 as last weekend so presumably that fireworks
In fact it still shows that’s the last weekend of season
pCd6fXK_d.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.