• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Holiday extras are not Alton Towers! As has been proven, as Alton did indeed change the dates before officially saying anything.
I'm aware HX aren't towers, ive had contact with their technology team!

My guess is HX legacy platform which the Merlin sites are on doesn't allow them to add a package of dates without making it immediately active and they just added it a bit too early.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I personally think Alton needs to get their events calendar sorted out and publish before the Merlin winter resort sale so that guest can make plans and book accommodation in advance as well as benefit from the Merlin winter sale.

The 3 day fireworks is brilliant news and despite the fact that I've already booked my accommodation before they announced the fireworks dates, Alton were not under any obligation to move my booking or to refund me any money. But they did without fuss and the refund was refunded to my Bank account within hours of coming off the phone. So I can't grumble there, so I take my hat off to them for doing so.

I just feel sorry for anyone that has made a hotel booking off site, hopefully your hotel are kind enough to move your booking.

I think it’s fantastic news about the extension. Like many others I’d book the PI for that weekend which is not a problem as we can just have an extra day of scarefest. The only annoying thing is trying to get another weekend off work.

I'm aware HX aren't towers, ive had contact with their technology team!

My guess is HX legacy platform which the Merlin sites are on doesn't allow them to add a package of dates without making it immediately active and they just added it a bit too early.

I've just realised that when the details come up on my bank statement as HEX it's holiday extras

There was me thinking it was named after Hex itself:eek::eek:

I'll get my coat

Shocking rapids operations today most boats going out with 2 people (on 7 per boat max). Kid behind us just wet himself waiting. Nice long fast pass and RAP que talking up the little capacity that operations are running

Rapids is a complete waste of time the way it's being operated at the moment. It's a shadow of its former self and it has no capacity. The queue should be no more than an hour from the entrance through all areas.

Last Sunday we had to share, wasn’t a problem but can imagine some people don’t want to share.

They also weren’t using the new merge point for fastrack and were sending them up the exit to the turntable like they used to before last year

We even a said we were happy to share with the group of 4 in front of us (who were happy to share) but were made to go as a 2..... Fast pass sale inflation?

It's not really a case of people being morons if Alton were advertising that they were closed on those dates though is it.

Great that they've extended the fireworks event but equally I appreciate people's frustration if they had already booked.

Even so, it's good that they have offered to transfer people's bookings, only issue is people who may have booked to stay off site.

I've just realised that when the details come up on my bank statement as HEX it's holiday extras

There was me thinking it was named after Hex itself:eek::eek:

I'll get my coat
Or worse still... Hex = HEX = Heathrow Express. Pretty much the most expensive railway journey in the world.

Let's not even give Merlin ideas along those lines, i.e. "what can you charge for a 15min train ride?"

Oh yeah, yesterday, the staff member standing outside sharkbate reef was holding that small skeletal fish jaw prop that normally hangs up on the pirate stage, except the paint seemed to have been stripped off!

Oh yeah, yesterday, the staff member standing outside sharkbate reef was holding that small skeletal fish jaw prop that normally hangs up on the pirate stage, except the paint seemed to have been stripped off!
Was again today, I was wondering what the point was.

Rapids is a waste of time now. Did it on Tuesday. All rides across the park were pretty much 0-5 all star, even wicker man at points had no queue. Yet we waited a good 20 mins for rapids. No boat sharing, and certainly not many boats on the ride as there once was.

Also all three wave pools are still turned off, as well as the water falls. So it really is a fairly boring boat ride, it’s a shame as if used to be a really good rapids.

Meanwhile I did the rapids at Thorpe last week, they boat shared every boat, and still had waterfalls and wave pool on.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.