• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Perhaps one of the fitters unplugged the computer that supplies the Oblivion queue feed so he could charge his mobile phone.
In that case attractions.io defaults to closed
As it stands the ride does not exist on the system.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Sorry to be blunt, but I really don't think anyone cares that a ride has disappeared from ridetimes during the closed season. It means nothing!
I know it means nothing, it is a bit odd how it's only Oblivion so far.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

The Alton Towers app has been updated, so imagine that might be why it’s vanished, as I guess the app is linked in with the ride times site as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oblivion is finally getting "RMCed".

Because every ride older than five years needs to be RMCed. It's the done thing. Like throwing all your plastic out to save plankton (rather than actually keeping and reusing it).

They are going to replace the steel rails with wooden planks.

World's first, donchaknow.

I thought this was suitable bearing in mind it's 2019 discussion. How do you guys think opening weekend will be in terms of operations

I thought this was suitable bearing in mind it's 2019 discussion. How do you guys think opening weekend will be in terms of operations
Depends on what the weather is, as we saw this year the “enhanced safety protocols” mean rides now close / don’t open when previous years it wouldn’t of been an issue.

Oblivion is finally getting "RMCed".

Because every ride older than five years needs to be RMCed. It's the done thing. Like throwing all your plastic out to save plankton (rather than actually keeping and reusing it).

They are going to replace the steel rails with wooden planks.

World's first, donchaknow.

Well, that is the exact rubbish Merlin are likely to throw millions at.

Whilst simultaneously patting themselves on the back for saving £34.43 on staffing costs.

It will have been updated ready for winter openings for Santa Sleepovers and Festive Breaks.

Or ya know, closed season panick. Whichever.

2019 in a nutshell...

Good news:
  • All closed food and beverage units will reopen
  • The Pirate show will return
  • Entertainers will return across the resort
Bad news:
  • No rollercoasters will be open this year due to budget being spent on the above

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.