• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What does WUM stand for? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I think 9pm for the golf and 8pm for the waterpark in summer is fantastic, personally!

If you’re just looking at the summer opening times then yes they ar good but taking the rest of the year into account they are rubbish.

It would be nice if the park opening times during the Summer was even remotely close to that of the Golf and Waterpark.

Merlin are obsessed with shortening days. Chessington Halloween hours are being reduced by 1 hour like how legoland used to open for another hour in summer. I still get so annoyed that towers in summer closes at 6 but I hope this changes for 2019

At one time the waterpark was open until 10pm on many nights and usually 8pm on all others - those were the days. It just puts the current abysmal opening hours into perspective.

This was when it was operated as part of the hotels, exclusively for hotel guests, and when Splash Landings wasn't run as a 'budget' hotel.

More recently there has at least been 9pm waterpark openings, so 8pm isn't really groundbreaking.

Oh right. Thanks for the clarification @RoyJess, but I don't intend to annoy people; it's genuinely what I think!

You don't and never have annoyed me, just keep being you and don't change for anyone else (we do need someone to pick on some entertainment on here ;))

Everyone is entitle to their own opinions....

....and some of us also remember the days before M£rlin ;)

Seriously you are good, I really don't have any issue with you Matt what so ever :)

You don't and never have annoyed me, just keep being you and don't change for anyone else (we do need someone to pick on some entertainment on here ;))

Everyone is entitle to their own opinions....

....and some of us also remember the days before M£rlin ;)

Seriously you are good, I really don't have any issue with you Matt what so ever :)
Thanks @RoyJess; at heart, I like to think I'm this positive about all theme parks, but do bear in mind that Merlin are the only Alton Towers owner I've ever known. And as far as I'm concerned, I've never had a bad experience at Alton under their management!

I don't have any issue with Alton management or staff, they are doing a great job with the bad hand that Merlin are dealing them. My gripe is with Merlin who keep cutting the park budget, but yet the park can't handle the guest numbers. A day out should be a relaxing stress free day. Not having to cram in everything in such a short space of time due to lack of opening hours and horrendous queue lines. The experience at the park is not what is used to be or should be.

Tbh no one on here rly cares about the waterpark or golf. Why have they announced opening times for them and not theme park?

Tbh no one on here rly cares about the waterpark or golf. Why have they announced opening times for them and not theme park?

Alton probably don't know themselves, they are waiting for Merlin to release the details, usually after the sales as they like to rope people in with the deals before they tell you what has been cut from the park for the new season

Thrope and alton are like two siblings trying to one up each other.
2be9365b05712758a173261769ca400e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.