• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
How can the park justify closing at 5pm? We arrived at 10 :30 and still only done 4 coasters including runaway mine train. Waiting in smiler saying 45 minutes but more likely 1 hour by looks of queue. Hoped to do wickerman too but looking unlikely! How can it be justified to close at 5 on a school holiday?
Because someone is going cough cough fastrack....

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Not alot of people using fasttrack looking at queue lines though. Can I ask how are you supposed to fit the dungeons into the day? No matter how many screens and posters advertise it people ain't going to visit if park closes at 5 and you are still only on 4th ride.

How can the park justify closing at 5pm? We arrived at 10 :30 and still only done 4 coasters including runaway mine train. Waiting in smiler saying 45 minutes but more likely 1 hour by looks of queue. Hoped to do wickerman too but looking unlikely! How can it be justified to close at 5 on a school holiday?

Because, shareholders.

Remember you can jump in the queue just before 5 and still get a ride. Might be able to squeeze in Wickerman that way.

Not looking likely but I'm sure to write a bad iPad feedback on way out and goodness help any staff asking me on the way out "did you have a nice day?" Whatever happened to the alton towers customer mission?

There appears to be a lot of rides down. Has there been a power cut or something?

Nemesis, Oblivion, 13, Wickerman, Rapids, Duel and Night Garden all down.

Edit: to be fair, it’s not the fault of the poor sods on the exit gate. No need to take it out on them.

Must have been power failures today. Surely!?

They should extend if major faults like that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The rides are down in different areas of the park so wouldn't be a power cut as such. Possibly a reduction in available power to the entire site.

Or technical issues with each ride that is down. It happens.

Admitting my ride times addiction, but noticed lots of rides down towards the end of the day on a few occasions recently, 4 coasters down today at closure.
Is this becoming a repeated issue?
Staggered closures by stealth?

Admitting my ride times addiction, but noticed lots of rides down towards the end of the day on a few occasions recently, 4 coasters down today at closure.
Is this becoming a repeated issue?
Staggered closures by stealth?
Definitely not. The park's main focus area this season is ride availability and it's been very good all season.

I can only assume there's been something highly unusual which has affected things today.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The operations on smiler has been very fast this season, at one point I was halfway up lift 2 and the train behind mine was already off lift 1.

Really poor that they didn’t extend closing to 6 today. Park very busy with half the rides and the monorail down from around 4 o’clock due to power cuts (I assume). Felt very sorry for staff having to put up with abusive, angry customers.

Think yourself lucky with a 5pm close, I visited when it was a 4pm close. I feel that midweeks should be a 5pm close but with staggered closures from 4, e.g close Dark forest and x-Sector at 4 and move people towards Valley and Mutiny bay/Cbeebies for the last hour, then have Towerstreet bar and grill open for evening food till 7/8 to stagger the flow of people through the exit

Simples When it is a school holiday (surely someone in HQ can do some research to justify their job) open until 6 unless weather reduces the attendance and then close 5/5:30. Closing at 5 is totally unacceptable and if it's a staffing cost issue then close the shop at 5 too to reduce the staffing and operating costs of the shop at the same time (mmmmmm I bet that idea falls on deaf ears )

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.