• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Nickelodeon Universe at American Dream NJ

Craig

TS Administrator
So it's been a LONG time coming, but it seems that the mega mall in East Rutherford is finally happening. Reported yesterday in Blooloop, a Nickelodeon Universe park is being built within the mall, which will include two new Gerstlauer coasters. The first, a spinner will be the world's longest free spinning coaster. And second (the one I'm most excited about!) is a Eurofighter which is extremely similar to Takabisha, with the world's 'steepest' drop (I hate that record!).

Both rides will interact with each other on the way round and will be built indoors set to open in 2019. The mall is less an hour or so from central New York, so handy to combine with a city trip. Personally, anywhere where I can get on something similar to Takabisha without having to actually go to Fuji-Q again is a massive thumbs up from me!

American-Dream-Gerstlauer-ride-loop.jpg

23157424_1483901218312508_5557176509163820486_o.jpg

Wow, looks like a fantastic development! The Eurofighter especially looks like it will be very good, I wonfer if it will have lap bars or OTSRs?

There will also be a waterpark as part of this development, as shown by these plans:

db_AmericanDream_ParkLayouts1.jpg

Source: Screamscape

Certainly going to be worth a trip if ever in NYC!

:)

If that spinner is half as good as Galaxy Orbiter it should be amazing. :)

And I thought the Spongebob themed eurofighter in Minnesota was intense considering it's based on a kid's IP :eek:

This interview from In the Loop talks about how this project was designed and other interesting things.

What caught my attention was the confirmation of OTSRs on the Takabisha clone, this is due to the fact that the lap bar system does not fit with a launch track as well as a lift hill due to the hydraulic locking system. A shame as lap bars could have really improved the ride, but I'm sure it will still be a great coaster!

Is the Euro-Fighter going to be an exact clone of Takabisha? Or will it just be similar with a couple of differences, sort of like how Abyss at Adventure World is similar to Saw?

Sorry for double posting, but I was looking at the Takabisha clone on RCDB, and it can't be an exact clone, because apparently Nickelodeon's will have a steeper drop by 0.5 of a degree. I'm all for innovation in the record breaking department, but breaking Takabisha's record by half a degree almost seems like such a minute amount that it isn't worth it.

I think 121.5 degrees is still a credible record, but it is clutching at straws a bit. 122 degrees would have been OK.

Sorry for double posting and bumping the thread, but this development is well on track for a summer 2019 opening, and the names of some of the rides have now been revealed:
  • The Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter is to be named TMNT Shellraiser.
  • The Gerstlauer spinning coaster is to be named The Shredder.
  • The Intamin triple launch (Sky Rocket II-style) coaster is to be named Sandy's Blasting Bronco.
  • The Chance Rides family coaster is to be named Slime Streak.
We still don't have a name for the Intamin Surfrider, but I'm sure we'll get one within time! I personally think these are pretty good names!

Last edited:
I have no idea what a "Bucking Bronco" is, and "Slime streak" sounds really gross, but I guess if you're a Nickelodeon fan you can appreciate them? :D

Just realised I made a mistake; the Intamin triple launch will be called Sandy's Blasting Bronco, not Sandy's Bucking Bronco as I initially put above.

Nickelodeon Universe has now opened. Here is a POV for the Eurofighter, which is a clone of Takabisha:

Some cool lighting a horrible lack of theming for an indoor coaster. There is also a Chance Rides family coaster which looks good for what it is:

And here is a good overview of the park, which on the whole looks pretty good:

The Gerstlauer spinning coaster and Intamin launch coaster are not yet open.

Certainly looks well worth a visit!

Just saw on CF that they're putting the prices up from $50 to $79.99! And that's not including parking :O

Holy mother of cow! I can't help but feel that is a rip off, and would certainly put me off visiting if I was in the area.